Pelletized lime

Help Support CattleToday:

We also have several excellant private companies around here that are used. A very few and I mean next to none go to the UofI or any of the other schools.

As for pel-lime your money is better spent on ag-lime 99% of the time. It takes just as much pel-lime to adjust ph as it takes of a high testing ag-lime.

I really appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions on this matter. I finally talked to a man that knew what he was talking about. It takes about 1300 lbs. of pelletized lime to equal a ton of ag. lime. So it is more efficient. But, this product was made for people who set tobacco and did not know their soil test results. They could put this stuff in their sidedressers and band it beside the row. Another use is for peoples' lawns who don't want an inch of powder on their yard for a month. The third is for extremely marginally ground where you can't get a lime truck. I believe it is an easy decision that pelletized lime may be a great product but wasteful to pay for the process to pelletize it.

Thanks again

If the ag-lime has the same test as the pel-lime you will use the same amount. I know this because I spread and make reccomendations for fertilizer every day. Knowing what your local quarries lime test should be available from them or the extension office should have a list of all of the quarries in the state. Don't be fooled into something more expensive.

Latest posts