Pelletized lime

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":16tmxml2 said:
jallen":16tmxml2 said:
I'm thinking of spreading some Pelletized on an area I've got that the truck can't get to. Does Pelletized tend to last as long as far as its effect? I know it tends to make a difference quicker than Ag line but wondered if it was worth the expense overall?
My thought for what they're worth. You will start to se an effect sooner becuase it's a much finer particle, by the same token, it won;t last as many years because it's a smaller particle. But, there is always a but, if it's the only thing you can get to the spots and it's needed, it would be a good solution.
x2. This is the way I've always understood it. Pelletized works faster, but doesn't last as long.

How hard are those pellets and how long does it take them to fall apart? Do they have to get wet to fall apart??

The university guys for tobacco all tell me its slower. The fertilizer dealers push it hard here. If any way to do it I would try to get ag lime on. Here the price is not at all comparable.

Very interesting. I've always heard the opposite, and I thought it made sense. I wonder if there's a standard for ag lime? What I get around here is basically lime stone "chips". It seems to take forever to break down, and if left in a small pile it never will.

M.Magis":3qdfhnni said:
Very interesting. I've always heard the opposite, and I thought it made sense. I wonder if there's a standard for ag lime? What I get around here is basically lime stone "chips". It seems to take forever to break down, and if left in a small pile it never will.

There are standard lime scores. Unfortunately every state made their own standard. So there is something like 37 different standards in the country for what will make a 100 score.

Latest posts