Pelleted, treated feeds may boost digestion in growing cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

LLCattle,

REGARDING: MOU FOR FOODBORNE HEALTH HAZARDS ASSESSMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH FSIS-REGULATED PRODUCT.

I downloaded all 9 pages in PDF. Here is the link. I suggest you read it. If there is something you do not understand, I will be glad to help you. The CDC has a role in conducting the health hazard assessment. It is clear you did not understand the purpose of the MOU. MOUs are not enforcement documents. They are not rules or regulations. In this case, it serves to set forth how the agencies will work together to perform the health hazard assessment.

Here is the link:

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/wcm/connec ... OD=AJPERES.

Here is the title:

MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
BETWEEN THE
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE

FOOD SAFETY AND INSPECTION SERVICE (FSIS)

AND THE

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES

CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC)

NATIONAL CENTER FOR EMERGING AND ZOONOTIC INFECTIOUS DISEASES (NCEZID)

NATIONAL CENTER FOR ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH (NCEH) AND

AGENCY FOR TOXIC SUBSTANCES AND DISEASE REGISTRY (ATSDR)

REGARDING

FOODBORNE HEALTH HAZARDS ASSESSMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH FSIS-REGULATED PRODUCT

I hope the link works. I had some technical issues getting it to open.

If anyone is interested, Article 1 establishes the purpose of the MOU. For convenience to those who don't want to waste their time, here is the statement.

ARTICLE 1 -PURPOSE AND BACKGROUND
The purpose of this memorandum of understanding is to define expectations related to interagency assessments of foodbome health hazards potentially associated with FSIS-regulated products, meat, poultry, and egg products. This memorandum of understanding will expand FSIS and CDC/ ATSDR collaborative One Health efforts by providing a more comprehensive and
multidisciplinary approach to health hazard assessments, including assessments of FSIS-
regulated establishments associated with or potentially associated with foodbome illness.
Bold added.

sim.-ang.king":10i6lj8p said:
LCCattle":10i6lj8p said:
sim.-ang.king":10i6lj8p said:
The whole toxic thing.
Please expound more on your hypothesis?
I'm not sure what else I can tell you that I haven't already said.
Do you have any specific questions?

The bottom line is, the USDA is in the process of putting animal feed at the same level as human foods under the same food rules and regulations. In other words, ethanol by -products will have to be produced the same as Jack Daniels whiskey if the by-product is going to be legally sold as feed stock..
You will know if they have done it right when the sulfur content is listed on the bag tag, under the analysis as are other minerals and trace minerals.
Prove that DDGs is "toxic" to the sense that it should be used at all.
Please inform me on what % of sulfur is toxic to cattle, how much can be fed, and how it is passed through the body?
Please tell me how balanced rations don't already take sulfur into effect at feed yards?
Do you know the effects of low sulfur in the blood stream?
Why must animal feed be treated the same as human food, I don't plan on eating pig feed, but to each his own?
I would also like to know how sulfur makes meat toxic when it's fed at safe levels?
Also I would like to know where in the world your buying bagged DDGs?

One more thing, no News reports that vaguely describe something without the burden of truth.

Sim,
OH a pop quiz, I just love pop quizzes as they are a great refresher on the mind.. Now lets see how much I remember from over the years.

Prove that DDGs is "toxic" to the sense that it should be used at all.
I never said it shouldn't be used at all. DDG would be just as fine as any other distillers grain if it did not contain excess sulfur.

Please inform me on what % of sulfur is toxic to cattle, how much can be fed, and how it is passed through the body?
above .4% of TDI is toxic. DDG & DDGS ranges from a .3% to 1.7%

" how much can be fed" : That depends on the concentration of sulfur in the DDG, plus the amount of sulfur in the water and forage in your area.

"and how it is passed through the body?" Used sulfur passes through the body as does all other minerals. Ingested excess sulfur is stored in the fatty tissue of the body until it is needed. If to much sulfur accumulates, it blocks the absorption of copper that is needed for the immune system to function properly, which causes PEM, among other problems.

Please tell me how balanced rations don't already take sulfur into effect at feed yards?
I don't know if they do or not. As each load of DDG would have to be tested for its sulfur content first to determine how to balance the ration.

Do you know the effects of low sulfur in the blood stream?
No, as I have never countered a case of low sulfur as in my area the water and foliage runs .3%

Why must animal feed be treated the same as human food
Because much of what cattle eat is passive to humans in both milk and meat.

I would also like to know how sulfur makes meat toxic when it's fed at safe levels?
If it is fed at safe levels it is not toxic, if it is fed at to high a levels it is toxic and is passive in both milk and meat.

Also I would like to know where in the world your buying bagged DDGs?
I have no way of knowing what grain by-product is in the bag feed I buy, nor do I know it's sulfur content as "sulfur" is not listed on the tag. Could be DDG or DDGS, who knows?
But I do know that DDGS is in protein tubs, along with molasses, which is also high in Sulfur.

Please grade this pop quiz on a curve as it is old history. Thank you

So could it be that DDGs aren't as deadly or toxic as you like to play it out?

Could it be you might be fear mongering to push your agenda?

I'm waiting for your very intelligent response on how your attempt at fabricating facts off of vague News reports, is not fear mongering, or that you don't have an agenda...

TennesseeTuxedo":a748fl22 said:
When feeding this troll are you guys using DDGs?
He's definitely "toxic". Wonder if he's realizes salt can be toxic as well. People as well as animals have been killed by it.

Latest posts