peidmontese

Help Support CattleToday:

meboyles

Reaction score
I would like to know the good, the bad, and the ugly about the peidmontese breed. Fertility, disposition, quality of beef, calving ease and anything else you guys can tell me. Thanks

meboyles":2kgjsz62 said:
I would like to know the good, the bad, and the ugly about the peidmontese breed. Fertility, disposition, quality of beef, calving ease and anything else you guys can tell me. Thanks

Let me know where you are located and maybe I can find a breeder close to you that you could go and visit with and check out the cattle up close and personal.
I have found the breed to have good dispositions, and calving is not a problem as long as you pay attention to your matches of bull to cow and don't breed the heifers too young. The Piedmontese do mature a bit later than some other breeds. The beef is healthy, tender and juicy, and less waste per carcass. You will not have the marbling but you don't need fat dripping off your chin to have tasty beef, the Piedmontese prove that.
The good I would say is that there is much for this breed to offer the beef industry.
The bad, not enough breeders yet to allow for a broader experience of the breed.
The ugly, (my opinion) I would have to say is the split associations is counter productive to promoting the breed.