Pearson -squeeze chute,alley, sweep tub & fence panles?

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch

Reaction score
I am beginning the process of building some working pens. I came across this setup used, it would cost me about 7k to purchase the setup. Its in good shape and has not seen a lot of use from what I can tell. I have been researching new cost on line and this price seems to fair for the setup. Watched some videos of the equipment in use and its not that much different than what I am use to working with. Opinions? Anyone use it or experience with Pearson? Thank you

http://www.pearsonlivestockeq.com/products/

Saltbranch, I don't know if this will be much help to you. I paid $1,800 for a used squeeze out of Montana, than paid to have it shipped to WA. Love it! It works different than other chutes -- keeps the cattle on their feet. We bought new Powder River sweep,alleys, cut-out gates later when they were on sale and I think that was about $3K. ?? I don't remember, but money well spent. Good equipment is a good investment. Pearson has a good name in the ag business. We also retro-fitted some big 5-rail panels from a defunct feed-yard to make some catch pens and reinforce the holding area.

The ones I saw had a very nice adjustable alley that works with one handle. They seem very well built to me and I knew they were out of my price range. You won't be disappointed.

I really like these, I am working with the owner on buying next month. I got started on the pens this weekend, I am putting 10' RailRoad Bridge ties 4' deep and spacing 4' apart for the perimeter. I am going 100' wide and 62' long. I got 37 planted this weekend. Man I got muscles sore that I forgot i had :lol2: Next weekend taking my son, so hopefully I will get the rest in the ground and start building gates and finishing out the interior.

saltbranch":41vl722i said:
I am beginning the process of building some working pens. I came across this setup used, it would cost me about 7k to purchase the setup. Its in good shape and has not seen a lot of use from what I can tell. I have been researching new cost on line and this price seems to fair for the setup. Watched some videos of the equipment in use and its not that much different than what I am use to working with. Opinions? Anyone use it or experience with Pearson? Thank you

What is their reason for selling?

bbirder":3vpocee6 said:
saltbranch":3vpocee6 said:

What is their reason for selling?
He gave up on trying to make money with cattle. Sold all the cattle about a year or so ago and slowing selling off the equipment now. He had the cattle for maybe 4 yrs tops, everything is now sitting in a barn.

What do you think of Palco equipment, we bought a chute recently and the side doors pop open! Have to keep chains on them so no one gets hurt. Not very happy with it! Like to know what other people think of Palco.

Latest posts