Peanut Butter?

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried feeding peanut butter to cows?

I'm actually serious; I have access to about 3,000 lbs of a peanut butter/peanut oil mix that is like a thick liquid. It's free. I brought some out this evening, and poured about 30 pounds in a feed trough - the cows seemed to like it. Maybe a winter supplement to give calories???

Weird, I know, but it's free and maybe can help provide some calories to the girls over the winter.

cypressfarms":1t68gc5g said:

I'm actually serious; I have access to about 3,000 lbs of a peanut butter/peanut oil mix that is like a thick liquid. It's free. I brought some out this evening, and poured about 30 pounds in a feed trough - the cows seemed to like it. Maybe a winter supplement to give calories???

Weird, I know, but it's free and maybe can help provide some calories to the girls over the winter.

If they get a big wad of PB stuck in the roof of their mouth be sure and keep your camera handy. You might get some really good shots......otherwise I'd think it would be very nutritious. Carry some bread with you when you feed and have a snack with the ladies. ;-)

TexasBred":r1ufdt36 said:
cypressfarms":r1ufdt36 said:

If they get a big wad of PB stuck in the roof of their mouth be sure and keep your camera handy. You might get some really good shots......otherwise I'd think it would be very nutritious. Carry some bread with you when you feed and have a snack with the ladies. ;-)

TB,

That cracks me up just thinking about it.

I like the grape jelly comment, but being from the south it would have to be blackberry.

I did some more checking. The peanut butter in question has a guaranteed 14% minimum protein, 24% minimum fat - the raw materials used to make it are labeled "animal feed". We use it at our plant to make a deer attractant. It's slightly more fluid than molasses. It's really a mixture of peanut butter stock and peanut oil (to make it more liquid). I may take some pics, because the girls sure looked funny when they dipped their mouths in for a swig of peanut butter stew. :nod:

With those specs your cattle shouldn't have any energy deficiency but I'd limit feed it... Sounds like a bargain to me. Does it taste like regular peanut butter?? :lol2:

Latest posts