Peanut Butter for feed

Help Support CattleToday:

I thought about it once. Seems like I ran the number on it, and it didn't pencil out. It was going to be twice as much per ton as my normal feed. The protein was 14% on this stuff though. I think the actual feed value is all over the place though. Even from drum to drum.

Ps
I have had deer hit peanu butter jars nailed to a tree. No more than a corn pile though.

I've fed it. Cows love it. It needs a limiter cause they will eat till its gone. I would take a saws all cut barrel in half and use a piece of wire to pull thru it and split the halves. The drums I get are cardboard barrels

Why is there that much extra peanut butter being made? Is it all reject stuff, or solely made for animal feed? And if its made for animal feed, why are they selling it and not putting it in their product. So many peanut butter questions. :lol:

What I stared buying a few yrs ago was 50.00 a 500# barrel. It was not consistent from barrel to barrel. some would be soupy and some would look like it does in a jar. I was "told" it was excess from the manufacturing process. and clean up remains. IDK for sure but every animal loves it.

I bet peanut butter and a corn finished steer would be some good eating.

SteppedInIt":l5swmkt9 said:
How would you handle and feed this stuff? Sounds like it would be a pain in the a$$ to me.

It is if you cant cut the barrel in half and feed it like a protein tub. My dad Feeds deer with it ,He finds a stump and smears it on top of it with a trowel . I wont say I wont feed it again but right now I have a cheaper and easier supplement. BTW it make a mighty good peanut butter sandwich even tho it says not for human consumption.

Latest posts