PBR Fans?

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade

Reaction score
I am a big fan of PBR Bullriding. We never miss an event on tv. On Monday I had an opportunity to fly in to their HQ in Pueblo Co. for some meetings. Great people and a great organization. Heading to MSG in New York for their opening event. Can't wait. Some day I will figure out how to post pics. Are you a fan? Who do root for?

yep like the PBR it has done alot of good for Rodeo in general especially all the PR they do and theyhave brought bull riding to people who otherwise would never have seen it or known what happens with the riders or the stock other than what HSUS tells them in their propaganda
One of Jed's good friends has a bull or two in the PBR

Don't be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price.

" LANE FROST " R.I.P. A real cowboy

Angus Cowman":2o0dka6i said:
highgrit":2o0dka6i said:
Don't be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price.

No he was a RODEO cowboy there is a big difference from that and a real cowboy
no disrespect intended just fact
fact .... true their are some born and raised on a ranch and know how to handle cattle... but alot are just atheletes trained to do a event. Casey Tibbs was one ,,Phil Lyne him,, you can call a COWBOY with reverence... ive roped with guys that lived in apartments :cowboy:

Angus Cowman":b07l5zsf said:
highgrit":b07l5zsf said:

Doesn't matter if he's a gay male stripper as long as he can consistently ride a bull for 8 seconds.

TexasBred":pp1jcad6 said:
Angus Cowman":pp1jcad6 said:
highgrit":pp1jcad6 said:

Doesn't matter if he's a gay male stripper as long as he can consistently ride a bull for 8 seconds.
riding brokeback, bareback... thats plumb wrong :cowboy:

highgrit":3o639eqj said:

And he surely did pay the price.

my fear quotient kicks in a notch or two above this level.
I am proud to say that I am smart enough to never have purposefully or intentionally gotten on the back of a bull.
I have had a few that mey have been gentle enough to ride but I never tried it. Had a neighbor who used to ride his hereford bull with a cow halter.

been on some horses that I was not smart enough to avoid. still pay for that on cold and wet days.

ALACOWMAN":2cmyrayb said:
Jogeephus":2cmyrayb said:
I thought this was going to be for Pabst Blue Ribbon fans. Sorry. :oops: :lol2:
you mean there are some,,, i put them on the same level as the milwaukee beast :cowboy:

back in the day Blue Ribbon was good beer.

today it is not the same beer that I was weaned onto. I had one a couple months ago and it was okay but not like the old days. Most Blue Ribbon is brewed under contract by some other brewery now. I was in a big brewery up north once and they were running Blue Ribbon that day.

pdfangus":12vofxy6 said:
ALACOWMAN":12vofxy6 said:
Jogeephus":12vofxy6 said:
I thought this was going to be for Pabst Blue Ribbon fans. Sorry. :oops: :lol2:
you mean there are some,,, i put them on the same level as the milwaukee beast :cowboy:

back in the day Blue Ribbon was good beer.

today it is not the same beer that I was weaned onto. I had one a couple months ago and it was okay but not like the old days. Most Blue Ribbon is brewed under contract by some other brewery now. I was in a big brewery up north once and they were running Blue Ribbon that day.
Jim, the same for Schlitz....growing up if down this way if you didn't drink Schlitz you were nothing. Today it nothing but a sealed can of "instant schitz".

back to the PBR i went to one in Nashville a few years ago a company we did business with gave me tickets.. Ty Murry was there and some others ,, we set behind where Pam Minick an Hadley Barrett were announcing and interview'in riders...... had a good time :cowboy:

one thing I find phenominal about the PBR is the turnover and the increased intensity of the bulls.

If you miss it for any length of time the bulls are different and a notch ranker. some of them are incredible athletes. I do not see how almost any of them are ridden at all.

This past year they had an event in Charlottesville which is only about fifty miles from me.
We would have gone but I did not hear about it until after it had happened.

guess I need to check the website and see if there are any events close to me in the coming year.

I like the PBR well enough. I even traveled with a world champion and two time NFR winning bull rider some back in my rodeo days. But why is it that now you can turn over a rock and 3 would be bull riders crawl out, and at the same time they can't get enough bronc riders to put on a decent rodeo? Do all these young guys want to prove how macho they are by riding bulls but not enough cowboys around to ride horses that buck?

It may be because I am an old bareback bronc rider but i would rather watch good bucking horses than bulls anyday.

my guess is that it comes down to paydays.
where can a young buck hit a bigger one???
from a fan perspective the danger element is a bit higher with the bulls and most fans want to see the wreck. I mean PBR does complete shows and CDs of the best and worst wrecks of .....

from a marketing standpoint PRCA needs to get hitched back up to PBR and be the warmup acts for a while. bronc riding and steer rassling would be a good fit.

for the women too, friends indoor arena had a couple bucking chute's he built when he rode bulls years before he started calf roping....a couple bull riders wanted to come over bring some bulls to buck out after we got through roping.. a hand full of guys came with a train load of girls ... but to me,,, saddle bronc is the sht... the true cowboying event

Latest posts