Pay no attention to this post

Help Support CattleToday:

That's kinda how I fetched my wife. During my marriage proposal, I told her "I may not be very good, but I'm slow".
She said "I do! and as long as you're slow we can work on the other".

27 years later, I'm still striving for perfection. She's a patient woman. Beautiful.
I hold congress the way I shoot: deliberately and accurately.

That picture reminded me of my Dad. He would have been sitting in it, on an early Saturday morning. He died early, at 64yo, 13 years ago.
I'm a sappy…….and as I drove the first Ford I've ever owned to check cows this morning, his words came back in fine form. As he was riding shotgun in my mind, he said "pretend you're a monkey humping a football…..it's a Ford"

I don't remember him ever getting mad or upset about anything. He only got excited when he saw a pretty lady, or the fish were biting…….. and he'd tell anybody about the fish.

That picture reminded me of my Dad. He would have been sitting in it, on an early Saturday morning. He died early, at 64yo, 13 years ago.
I'm a sappy…….and as I drove the first Ford I've ever owned to check cows this morning, his words came back in fine form. As he was riding shotgun in my mind, he said "pretend you're a monkey humping a football…..it's a Ford"

I don't remember him ever getting mad or upset about anything. He only got excited when he saw a pretty lady, or the fish were biting…….. and he'd tell anybody about the fish.
reminds me of my dad, also lost him way too early at 65, best friend I ever had. the last ten years of his life he lived on an old ox bow lake. He fished every day of his life that last ten years, maybe for just five minutes a day but every day. Can still hear him say, let's go wet a hook.

Truth not revealed until years later.

May 21st 1944 during WWII, two and 1/2 years after the attack on Pearl Harbor, 13 ships were destroyed at Pearl Harbor.
The 13 navy vessels (10 LSTs 328 feet long, troops 130) 3 LCTs (152 ft long, crew 12) 17 amphibious landing vehicles and 8 howitzers were blown up, 9 ships sunk. With 4 of 10 LSTS being destroyed by fires on board. It happened on the west end of Pearl Harbor and killed 167 sailors, over 100 marines and 61 army troops with over 400 wounded. The navy issued an immediate black out on news coverage of the event, only saying that four ships had been damaged and no details were given.
Leading to rumors and speculation of Japanese submarines in the area and spies on the island being behind the attack.
It took 16 years to declassify information and what actually happened was revealed in 1960 after the war was a distant memory.

With 1/2 of the crew on shore leave, African American army troops untrained in handling ammunition, were pressed into service to load ammunition on to the ships. If a shell was dropped or smoking cigarettes while loading was to blame, nobody knows because there were no surviving eye witnesses. But the mishap caused a series of mishaps, ships crashing into each other ect. with more explosions on the other surrounding ships being loaded. (That's something you'll never hear about on African American WWII contributions during Black History Month) Military SNAFU somewhat reminiscent of "Remember the Maine" battle cry starting the Spanish American war.

Last edited:
Wedding day, May 13, 2023. My youngest daughter got married here on the place. I have six kids, three boys and three girls. She's the last of our three daughters to marry, and our youngest child. Heck, we've already got nine grandkids.

For some reason, I didn't pull any of my usual shenanigans for this one. I just gave her a larapin hug and told her that the world was her onion.

I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the "empty nest syndrome".
Somebody snapped this one about five minutes before the ceremony.

AF594A6C-9487-48F6-9272-940E07AD1187.jpeg

Wedding day, May 13, 2023. My youngest daughter got married here on the place. I have six kids, three boys and three girls. She's the last of our three daughters to marry, and our youngest child. Heck, we've already got nine grandkids.

For some reason, I didn't pull any of my usual shenanigans for this one. I just gave her a larapin hug and told her that the world was her onion.

I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the "empty nest syndrome".
Somebody snapped this one about five minutes before the ceremony.

View attachment 30393
Congratulations, my friend. You've done well.

As far as empty nest... You've got nine grandkids already, you'll have plenty of company when they're around. And when they aren't... Well, I remember a certain bathtub.

20% of children who age out of the foster care system are immediately homeless.
81% of boys who age out of the foster care system end up in jail.
Ugh, my neice and nephew just got taken from my sister in law. They're with family, thankfully. I just hope they bounce back from this or maybe one day don't even hardly remember it. I'm gonna have them over this weekend to play with our kids, gonna try and get a sense of where they're at mentally and emotionally and see if I can help.

Ugh, my neice and nephew just got taken from my sister in law. They're with family, thankfully. I just hope they bounce back from this or maybe one day don't even hardly remember it. I'm gonna have them over this weekend to play with our kids, gonna try and get a sense of where they're at mentally and emotionally and see if I can help.
Good luck... Adult bulls**t can sure damage the potential in kids.

Latest posts