Pay no attention to this post

Help Support CattleToday:

. . . And the d**n seed ticks! I could walk to my mailbox and when I came back I'd have a hundred on me. I got some chickens and let them run the yard, and that helped, but the racoons are brutal in Arkansas. And they like chicken...

You need to import some fire ants. They'll take care of the seed ticks for you. We had seed ticks bad when I was a kid, but it's been 40 years or longer since I heard of anyone getting into them.

I haven't had a seed tick on me in about 40 years. I did get in to a mess of fire ants yesterday. I had forgotten how bad they can hurt, especially in the tenders.

Dinner time (lunch), April 16, 2023.

A loud noise from the pantry……….

Wife- "who's been eatin' all the SPAM?!"

Me- "well, me and the dogs had a picnic yesterday, and another'n today".

(Me and the dogs grabbed a variety of crackers to go with, and just figured out that SPAM on a graham is a delicacy)

I'm surprised she didn't realize she's also missing a paper plate, and has an extra knife in the sink that needs washing :ROFLMAO:

After four hours, she finally got around to letting me know that I'm an arsehole (that's code for makeup stuff tonight) :cool::ROFLMAO:

Sometimes I wonder……..

It's happened. I just bought beer in our county, legally.
It was on the ballot for the umpteenth time last fall.
I stopped at the fuel pumps today, just a little mom and pop convenience store with two pump stations out front.

I don't recall ever having to wait in a line for fuel, nor when walking inside to pay for it.
Owner, Brian, was carrying empty cardboard beer boxes outside to an overflowing dumpster. He had sold his first beer at 8:30am and said it hadn't slowed down.

I came through from work to get my Friday afternoon dose of fuel. I still didn't have to wait on anyone pumping fuel, but I did have to wait on a couple folks to move their vehicles. They were using it as a parking lot while they shopped.

I did have to stand in line to pay for my fuel, behind a half dozen folks paying for their beer and foo-foo drinks. It was a madhouse. I'm hoping the excitement will fade, or at least become more evenly distributed.

This is the first time for everyone alive this day to be able to purchase alcohol since Prohibition (in Polk County AR, to include all surrounding counties in AR).

Seems like a watershed moment. I'm not sure what to think yet.

Were you having to cross the OK line for it?
Yes. I just live a few miles from the state line. It's a bar and has a to-go window.
Normal routine is (was?) to stop on my way home and fuel on Friday afternoon, then drive to the Oklahoma beer store for a 30 pack.

That Oklahoma establishment may go out of business now. It exists at the state line, only because we were dry here next door. It's a very rural area. Not enough Oklahoma residents to support it.

Latest posts