Pay no attention to this post

Help Support CattleToday:

I have two adopted siblings. Adoption has its issues... but what are the alternatives?
I think I understand what SOB is saying.

I've never raised up adopted kids, but I'm adopted and I've observed a lot of families that have adopted. I think birth parents have an advantage for obvious reasons, and some not so obvious reasons.

It can go south in a hurry. It's a tough gig and I applaud those who can make it work.

I think I understand what SOB is saying.

I've never raised up adopted kids, but I'm adopted and I've observed a lot of families that have adopted. I think birth parents have an advantage for obvious reasons, and some not so obvious reasons.

It can go south in a hurry. It's a tough gig and I applaud those who can make it work.
My older brother and I were adopted at birth and we hit the jackpot. Couldn't have had a better life with amazing parents and extended family. People ask me all the time if I've ever tried to look up or connect with my birth parents. Nope! Not bitter towards them at all - quite the opposite and I'm grateful they gave me up. Just don't see the need. That said, if someone from my birth lineage reached out to me, I would probably give them the courtesy of responding, meeting, whatever. But I have no illusions (nor should they) about establishing a relationship.

My old boss was adopted. She tried to find her birth family for quite a while. She finally found out who they were and then took a few months before reaching out. Turned out that she has 5 or 6 siblings. Her adopted Dad and sister had passed away. Mom was getting pretty old (has since passed). Finding them gave her family to keep in touch with. I think she has met all of them. But they are pretty spread out over the country so I doubt she will ever have a close relationship.

Side note. Ted Bundy lived one block over from where we lived when I was very young (birth to 3). He was Jr. High age at that time. There was a baby sitter who disappeared in the neighborhood without a trace. Also the niece of some friends of my parents stopped after work to have a drink with co workers. Last seen walking out to her car with some guy named Ted. No trace ever found.

How many were not?
Going from memory about 90%
1 in 50 or 2% rate of adoption and 5 times higher rate of violent crime = 10%
Adoptions after 4 yrs old have significantly higher rates of violence than at birth.
Many of these children have suffered psychological damage and carry it with them for life.

File under dumb criminals.... Orlando, Florida
Martin Garcia 23 and his 22 yr old girl friend Ashializ Oscacio were burglarizing a vacant home on Dec 31st and Ashializ called 911 to ask for assistance in loading some of the heavier items. Martin was caught on video burglarizing a Dollar store at 1 am earlier that day. To her surprise they were arrested, even though she had also asked for a ride to the Orlando airport so she could leave for New York.

Last edited:
File under dumb criminals.... Orlando, Florida
Martin Garcia 23 and his 22 yr old girl friend Ashializ Oscacio were burglarizing a vacant home on Dec 31st and Ashializ called 911 to ask for assistance in loading some of the heavier items. Martin was caught on video burglarizing a Dollar store at 1 am earlier that day. To her surprise they were arrested, even though she had also asked for a ride to the Orlando airport so she could leave for New York.

Is it just me, or do a disproportionate number of weird news stories seem to come from Florida? Is there something in the water there? (No offense intended to our members from Florida.)

Is it just me, or do a disproportionate number of weird news stories seem to come from Florida? Is there something in the water there? (No offense intended to our members from Florida.)
Talk about disproportionate attention in the news... I can see New York and California being the big news leaders due to their populations and being coastal. And Florida is also in the news a lot all considered. The one I don't understand getting so much attention is Utah. A small population state with unremarkable people other than some odd marriage practices, but they sure get a LOT of play in the media.

The black smoke at 1:26 is burning human feces/diesel mix. A necessary evil that stunk really bad and had to be manually stirred by someone, usually an E3 or below. It smoked all to heck.
shtburner.jpg

The guy at 2:28 is saying he's 'short', meaning he only has a few days or weeks left in country.

The thing I remember most about Phu Bai was the sand and mud.. I wasn't up there often or long.
Was glad to get back down to Marble..

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: The beer can must've been the neighbors, from last weekend when they came over to give their dog a bath.
If I'd have left evidence, it would've been bourbon themed. Still, three B's

The black smoke at 1:26 is burning human feces/diesel mix. A necessary evil that stunk really bad and had to be manually stirred by someone, usually an E3 or below. It smoked all to heck.
View attachment 25553

The guy at 2:28 is saying he's 'short', meaning he only has a few days or weeks left in country.

The thing I remember most about Phu Bai was the sand and mud.. I wasn't up there often or long.
Was glad to get back down to Marble..
It was a great compilation. I enjoyed it.

1953-1960 The Eisenhower years, generally accepted as the most peaceful & prosperous years in American history aka Happy Days.
1957 marriage hit record popularity, 96% of All women of marriageable age were married. 75% of households had a television.
1 in 7 jobs (14%) were related to the auto industry. General Motors budget in 1957 was larger than the National budget of Poland.
Construction on Eisenhower's interstate highway system began in 1956. Unknown to most of the general public at that time, Eisenhower required all overpasses crossing an interstate highway to have a clearance of 15' for transportation of military equipment and missiles.
He was deeply impressed with Germany's autobahn during WWII.

Last edited:
Construction on Eisenhower's interstate highway system began in 1956.
67 years later, it still isn't complete tho the original plan ended in the 1990s.
It was only in 2017 that the massive amount of heavy hardware at Ft Hood got a decent highway connection to an interstate. 25 miles of I-14to connect to I-35

67 years later, it still isn't complete tho the original plan ended in the 1990s.
It was only in 2017 that the massive amount of heavy hardware at Ft Hood got a decent highway connection to an interstate. 25 miles of I-14to connect to I-35
They must have stopped building before they got to the highway we should have going from Seattle to Florida. Seems like all roads are geared to go to the northeast, which is great if you want to go to the NE but not so much if you need to go NW or SE.