Pay no attention to this post

Help Support CattleToday:

January 2021 survey by Transamerica Center for Retirement

49% of 3,109 American workers polled agreed with the statement:
"Debt is interfering with my ability to save for retirement."

Over 1/2 of the debt in America in collections is from medical expenses.

2nd marriage divorce rates
When neither partner has children 43%
one partner has a child or children from their first marriage 65%
when both have children from previous relationships 70%

5 Presidents with the highest approval ratings in the history of Gallup polling

G W Bush 90% Sept 22 2001
G. Bush 89% March 3 1991
Truman 87% June 5 1945
FDR 84% January 31 1942
JFK 83% May 3 1961

War or threat of war unites the country and in life there is always 10% who disagree with anything or everything.

Last edited:
5 Presidents with the highest approval ratings in the history of Gallup polling

G W Bush 90% Sept 22 2001
G. Bush 89% March 3 1991
Truman 87% June 5 1945
FDR 84% January 31 1942
JFK 83% May 3 1961

War or threat of war unites the country and in life there is always 10% who disagree with anything or everything.
And sloppy withdrawals from foreign entanglements produce the opposite results.

Psychological price tricks
2009 study by Cornell University found restaurant customers ordering from numeral only menus spent significantly more money than customers ordering from menus with prices using dollar signs.

Other tricks:
Making prices difficult to compare.
Customers gravitate to the lower priced items when using a long menu with prices lined up making it easy to comparison shop. Get guests to focus on the food not
the price. (Use the word guest, not customer)

Highlighting the most profitable menu items.
Describing those dishes in larger print. Placing a box around some dishes.
Leaving more white space around expensive dishes.

Last edited:
2009 study by Cornell University found restaurant customers ordering from numeral only menus spent significantly more money than customers ordering from menus with prices using dollar signs.

Other tricks:
Customers gravitate to the lower priced items when using a long menu with prices lined up making it easy to comparison shop. Get guests to focus on the food not

Doesn't work on me, chicken parmy every time, surf and turf if I'm feeling hungry.

Other tricks:

Also use "soft numbers" such as 3, 9, 0, 2 which are rounded and not with sharp edges or corners. Whatever you offer in a combo of two, put the one you want most to buy as the 2nd option.

Other tricks:

Not restaurant related, but about 40 years ago I was working in a large department store that was trying to compete with Walmart (that didn't work out very well, by the way). We had a bunch of small canned goods that corporate had shipped in for weekly specials that we didn't normally carry, like beanie weenies, chili weenies, etc. A few of them were slightly higher, but most of them were around 45 cents each.

These odds and ends were sitting there taking up space, so I devised a plan. I removed all the old price stickers from the cans, moved them to a table in the middle of an aisle, and hung up a big sign saying 2 for $1.00. They were all gone in just a few days. People wouldn't buy them for 45 cents, but two for $1.00 was a bargain they couldn't pass up.

Doesn't work on me, chicken parmy every time, surf and turf if I'm feeling hungry.

That reminds me of my brother-in-law, who lives in New York. When he comes down to visit he likes to go out for Tex-Mex, where he will invariably study the menu closely, looking at everything on it, . . . and then order cheese enchiladas.

Because China mandates 1 child per family, a 2nd pregnancy has to be aborted or the family has to pay a hefty fine. So families willingly spend a lot of money to raise a healthy child. With each generation raising only 1 child, all parents are new parents and grandma's only experience is also just 1 long ago.

Talking diapers/pampers in China.
For an extra 40 cents disposable diapers come with an imbedded computer chip that tells the parents the diaper needs to be changed. It also monitors the baby's urine temperature and if it goes over 99.5 the diaper says "Mama I have a fever"

Latest posts