Pay Day

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Going to load up and head to the auction today.
Got 1 fat heifer, 14 months old.
A fed cow about 1300 pounds.
And dropping off a fat heifer at the processor.
Wish me luck. :wave:

Got to have them paydays.

Loaded some calves out yesterday myself plus a couple cows that I tired of dealing with.

Didn't check the schedule, Didn't know there was a feeder auction today. Watched while a thousand or so feeders and stockers sold. Not to bad of prices. Not a lot of small stuff. Mostly say 550-800. From tops, for weight class. 1.20 and up to the heavies at about fat cattle prices, $84-$90. So, being the kill cattle sell at the end. :roll: Will wait to see what I got when the check comes on Friday. :banana:

mnmtranching":1aazbnz9 said:
Will wait to see what I got when the check comes on Friday. :banana:
Tell BL I will have to hit the town with her on Saturday!! :banana:
We will make sure your hard work goes to a good cause. :nod:

Well, I got $800 for a pair. 8 year old brangus cow with a 2 month old BWF heifer at side. Holding steady.

Open :mad: angus wench (she would have been short bread so probably just as well she was open) brought .47 and weighed 1325. Last week she would have brought .05 - .08 more.

335# angus bull brought 1.23
430# BMF heifer brought 1.07
435# angus heifer brought 1.05
525# RDWF heifer brought .93

angie":2xkle80u said:
mnmtranching":2xkle80u said:
Will wait to see what I got when the check comes on Friday. :banana:
Tell BL I will have to hit the town with her on Saturday!! :banana:
We will make sure your hard work goes to a good cause. :nod:

BL is ready for a night out. Make sure you come around. :nod: Or else I got to go to the Paul Bunyan Mall with Her. You know? Almost like the one in Bloomington. Except :oops: they have about :? 20 stores :compute: BUT growing :compute:

1982vett":1fg0x1z2 said:
Well, I got $800 for a pair. 8 year old brangus cow with a 2 month old BWF heifer at side. Holding steady.

Open :mad: angus wench (she would have been short bread so probably just as well she was open) brought .47 and weighed 1325. Last week she would have brought .05 - .08 more.

What auction was this at?

dcara":tnzqpvb9 said:
1982vett":tnzqpvb9 said:

What auction was this at?

Caldwell Livestock Comm.

I took 2 cows to the sale barn on wed morning, one of them born in 01 the other in 04 both really good cows just needed the room..the 01 was a pure Black angus cow (lost calf on day 2 lungs full of liquid) weight 1185 pounds brought 48.50 or 574.73$ for killer. The 04 was F-1 black baldie weight 1440 buought 52.50 per lb. or 756.00 ( lost calf the 2 day of the 15 inches of snow we got, had calf at the hay ring and probly got step on) both were very good cows that sold for killers. I have 22 cows that had 100% bred rate in 09 (spring) Sold a couple of my best because of lost calves, If I had more grass I would have kept.

That doesn't sound bad to me! It wasn't that long ago that you would be hard pressed to get over $1.00 on anything weaning age.

We've had plenty of rain here, so I'm guessing folks are buying calves to put out on grass again. Hope we get more! It's sure nice to see green grass.

Latest posts