pay attention

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have not been able to log except through my office computer which I rarely use here. As some of you may know, I am primarily in the fishing business. Wholesale seafood distribution business and owner of a shrimp vessel that fishes all over the Gulf Of Mexico. Cattle/Land is secondary. I've never been into local politics but was forced into it recently by The City Bayou La Batre's new proposed zone ordinance. I do not live in "City Limits" but own several commercial water front properties that are critical to my business. After becoming aware and reading the proposed ordinance, I had no choice but to get involved and attend every meeting possible and inform as many affected people as possible. This new zone ordinance will eventually end all commercial activity with the exception of "ecotourism". "The Bayou" has been a fishing town with 100% of employment tied to fishing, processing seafood and shipyards so I wanted to find where this garbage was coming from. I have been obsessed with tracing it to it's roots. I suggest to anyone reading this, search your local government agencies. Be very wary of terms like "sustainable development", "smart plan", "smart growth", "ecotourism" "2035 Master Plan" "community development", community planning", "our common future" etc. It was all tied to grant money. Most of the City council members had not even read the ordinance until we brought to their attention that the bad stuff was buried in the hundreds of pages. They were ready to pass it into law because of the "feel good" wording of the first 30 to 50 pages. My cattle land is outside the city but the same agencies are pursuing extreme "Water Shed Management Plans" that will have very negative impact on my cattle program. WARNING, this is not just here. I can guarantee that your local authority is accepting monies to implement the same types of agenda or already have similar measures.

I've seen this work both ways in Florida in the commercial fishing industry. Without help "community redevelopment money" there'd be no where to unload fish on the southeast coast of Florida. The Yankees have bought and sold so much waterfront property in the last 20 years that the small business owners can't afford the property taxes.
How's the bull?

True Grit Farms":s4dq4axv said:
I've seen this work both ways in Florida in the commercial fishing industry. Without help "community redevelopment money" there'd be no where to unload fish on the southeast coast of Florida. The Yankees have bought and sold so much waterfront property in the last 20 years that the small business owners can't afford the property taxes.
How's the bull?
Bull settled down finally. He wasn't happy for the first couple weeks. If I didn't have a good pen, he would have beat the delivery truck back to Ft Pierce.

It's in the beef industry also, Check into US round table for sustainable beef. Sorry I cant get a link to post.

A lot of this can be traced to the UN agenda 21 that is being implemented one small step at a time by our leaders because everyone else is doing it. Sustainable is a big buzzword in this.

Yes, those key words like sustainable, natural, organic get thrown out there and the masses just think it must be good with absolutely no understanding of the context.

Ken

zirlottkim":2mknhibu said:
I can guarantee that your local authority is accepting monies to implement the same types of agenda or already have similar measures.

Our local authorities are still in the Stone Age. I don't mean to disparage Kentucky County Government but I have to be honest. When I burnt my barn, I could not find a county official that could acknowledge whether or not it required a permit or at a minimum, that I needed to report my intention so that I did not get reported and have a fire call to pay for. I went all the way up to the County Judge Executive. No one seemed to care and no one seemed to think it was worth reporting. I burnt the barn, had a huge fire that shot a 100 feet into the air and no one showed up to arrest me. I sincerely doubt they have ever heard the word "organic". They probably think it is a precious metal. Lol

zirlottkim":1o5szfx9 said:
I can guarantee that your local authority is accepting monies to implement the same types of agenda or already have similar measures.

Right you are. Ran into this very same thing a few years ago and it was all tied to the cities acceptance of grant money. Grant money is free money and if we don't take it someone else will right? Seems some thought me a malcontent when I complained about this type stuff. Are you a malcontent too? I mean its free money right? (insert dancing bananas)

Bright Raven":2dnebkse said:
zirlottkim":2dnebkse said:

Our local authorities are still in the Stone Age. I don't mean to disparage Kentucky County Government but I have to be honest. When I burnt my barn, I could not find a county official that could acknowledge whether or not it required a permit or at a minimum, that I needed to report my intention so that I did not get reported and have a fire call to pay for. I went all the way up to the County Judge Executive. No one seemed to care and no one seemed to think it was worth reporting. I burnt the barn, had a huge fire that shot a 100 feet into the air and no one showed up to arrest me. I sincerely doubt they have ever heard the word "organic". They probably think it is a precious metal. Lol

That's great apparently Kentucky is still in the US of A. Once you move to Denver you'll get your wish of more government.

True Grit Farms":2ya6g14y said:
Bright Raven":2ya6g14y said:
zirlottkim":2ya6g14y said:

That's great apparently Kentucky is still in the US of A. Once you move to Denver you'll get your wish of more government.

You are right on that one!!!

Allenw":2ateaizc said:
It's in the beef industry also, Check into US round table for sustainable beef. Sorry I cant get a link to post.

A lot of this can be traced to the UN agenda 21 that is being implemented one small step at a time by our leaders because everyone else is doing it. Sustainable is a big buzzword in this.

Have you read agenda 21. You know someone has to plan for the future to sustain the human race. How much potash is available worldwide for instance. Is it sustainable or what to use after all is mined. There is a lot of things in agricultural that depends on inputs from mined sources that we buy to keep our operations going. With the rising of the seas how will anyone be able to live where they are if on the coasts. Are we planning on this at any level. Will this affect the fishermen on this board. I live at and near Lake Fork Reservoir. It is silting up at a rapid rate. Could be filled in 100 years or so. Then what will big cities such as Dallas do for water. Do we need to conserve water. The water level in our wells around here are dropping how long can we depend on underground water. The area that charges these underground reservoirs cannot keep up with the water use. Should we plan ahead to be able to have water. Will each individual try to solve this or will it take a concerted effort by big government that some folks hate to solve this for everyone. Just providing some food for thought there. We only have one world and it will destroy us if we destroy and overuse it.

hurleyjd":2j7qzodo said:
Allenw":2j7qzodo said:

Have you read agenda 21. You know someone has to plan for the future to sustain the human race. How much potash is available worldwide for instance. Is it sustainable or what to use after all is mined. There is a lot of things in agricultural that depends on inputs from mined sources that we buy to keep our operations going. With the rising of the seas how will anyone be able to live where they are if on the coasts. Are we planning on this at any level. Will this affect the fishermen on this board. I live at and near Lake Fork Reservoir. It is silting up at a rapid rate. Could be filled in 100 years or so. Then what will big cities such as Dallas do for water. Do we need to conserve water. The water level in our wells around here are dropping how long can we depend on underground water. The area that charges these underground reservoirs cannot keep up with the water use. Should we plan ahead to be able to have water. Will each individual try to solve this or will it take a concerted effort by big government that some folks hate to solve this for everyone. Just providing some food for thought there. We only have one world and it will destroy us if we destroy and overuse it.

Too late the human race is cancer to the Earth. And no one wants to talk about population control. We're doomed it just a matter of time.

hurleyjd":32pzx9zo said:
Allenw":32pzx9zo said:

It's slated to be destroyed by the one that created it. It better to worry about what your doing today because none are promised tomorrow.

hurleyjd":mjwq2g0s said:
Allenw":mjwq2g0s said:

All things in due time. Humans have the capacity to calculate and plan, Certainly more prudent than placing our destiny in fantasy.

Bright Raven":2z1sbh09 said:
hurleyjd":2z1sbh09 said:
Allenw":2z1sbh09 said:

Have you read agenda 21. ....Just providing some food for thought there. We only have one world and it will destroy us if we destroy and overuse it.

All things in due time. Humans have the capacity to calculate and plan, Certainly more prudent than placing our destiny in fantasy.

Fantasy?
Elaborate please.

hurleyjd":2i89jgq0 said:
Allenw":2i89jgq0 said:

If you feel safe letting a bunch of third world thugs who have already looted their own countries make decisions about your future then I guess agenda 21 is alright for you.

hurleyjd":s6k7edri said:
Allenw":s6k7edri said:

The problem is you think man is god. If you think he can destroy something he never created, nor has any control over, you must think he is god.
How highly we must think of ourselves, to think we can destroy an entire plant within just a few hundred years.

Truly, we must be god's, if we can hold the fate of a planet in our hands!

Yes, man is god, and the leaders of man must be the great high deity. Since they are able to bend the will of man, and make him bow before their almighty power.
"The good of man!", they shout.
"The good of man!" the people cheer.
All for the good of man indeed, being they are god, they must know what is good for man.
"To save you from doom!" they shout.
"Deliver us from doom!" the people demand.
Deliver indeed, being they are god, they must be able to save a man's soul.
"To bring happiness!" they shout.
"Happy again!" the people plead.
Happiness indeed, being they are god, they true must be able to dispense happiness as sweet as honey.
"To take your life!" they shout.
"Take our lives!" the people cry.
Your life indeed, for being they are god, and having the power to take what they desire, they desire your life.

Oh, how wonder for man to be god! To set his own limits, and even his own destiny!
Truly it is good to be god!

but yet...how can this be?

For things still happen that man has no control over.
People still die from diseases that have been around since the dawn of time.
The weather man gets it wrong 90% of the time.
Natural disasters happen without warning.
Not even man's creations bend to his will.
Rockets blow up because someone forgot to carry the two.
A piece of equipment won't work because someone plugged in the wrong wire in the wrong socket.
Ah! but those are all by human error!
What kind of god would make a mistake? Or cheat, steal, lie, fudge numbers, murder, hate, abuse, and all of the other flaws man has?

A false one...

and a false god he truly is.

That's one way to look at it.
Another would be in Genesis man was given dominion over the fish of the sea, the fowl of the air, over the cattle,
over every creeping thing and over all of the earth.
If you study the statutes and ordinances for daily life you'll find rules to be followed regarding sewage and how
important it was to remain clean if you want to have good health.
Pollution is not a sin, but it is best to control it if you want to live happily.
Perhaps because of man's greed he has just done a very poor job of managing the dominion he was given.

greybeard":1p7yq4v7 said:
Bright Raven":1p7yq4v7 said:

Fantasy?
Elaborate please.

Yes Sir. Fantasy - the fabrication of philosophies to explain the Natural world. For example, Zeus - the mythological being of the Sky. Humankind has a need to explain the world around them. If an explanation does not yet exist or may never exist, then a fantasy does just as well for some.

Latest posts