Pawpaw trees

Help Support CattleToday:

Getting harder to find around here - most are along fence rows / edge of the woods - those sorts of areas. Haven't seen one for a few years but then again, I haven't been looking for them either.

Have anyone ever heard that song with a line that goes like "Pickin' up pawpaws, put 'em in the basket, pickin' up pawpaws, put 'em in the basket..."? Always wanted to eat me a pawpaw from hearing that song. I don't know where I've heard that song- probably on a bugs bunny cartoon.

ga. prime":3q73x40y said:
Have anyone ever heard that song with a line that goes like "Pickin' up pawpaws, put 'em in the basket, pickin' up pawpaws, put 'em in the basket..."? Always wanted to eat me a pawpaw from hearing that song. I don't know where I've heard that song- probably on a bugs bunny cartoon.
:lol: I remember that song too. Can't remember why I know it though.

kenny thomas":1qru1gvy said:
Where do pawpaw trees grow? We have a lot of them here and the fruit is ripe. Smells and taste great. google pawpaw fruit to learn about them if you don't have them.

Not in East Texas as I have spent a small fortune trying to grow them here with no luck.