pay them $1 million a piece severance with stipulations:
>
1) They leave their jobs. Forty million job openings - Unemployment
> fixed.

> 2) They buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - Auto
> Industry fixed.

> 3) They either buy a house or pay off their mortgage- Housing
> Crisis fixed.

> All this and it's still cheaper than the "bailout".

Oh Chrisy, I love that idea, since I'm 51, but before I pick out my new car, when I multiply 40 million X 1 million I get 40 trillion dollars . In those terms I think it would be a pretty expensive fix . I still like the idea though, thanks for posting it .

Larry

larryshoat":ygumpic9 said:
Oh Chrisy, I love that idea, since I'm 51, but before I pick out my new car, when I multiply 40 million X 1 million I get 40 trillion dollars . In those terms I think it would be a pretty expensive fix . I still like the idea though, thanks for posting it .

Larry

Hey, it would be a better stimulus package than what we have going now... My husband is fifty. I wouldn't mind it at all, except that having a man underfoot gets annoying. Oh well, I can get back into my regular employment and he could take my son to all his stuff...

Could you imagine how fast forty million people could pi$$ away a million dollars. Then half of them would be screaming because they didn't have any more money. It works for GM, anyway.

Bez+":3j1jlspv said:
Please make it tax free.

Bez+

That, too. Thanks for remembering to throw that in.

Hey, I have a neighbor who was part of the last GM Buyout. He got his chunk o money and sits around on his butt smoking dope and watering his flowers.

Who knew retirement could be so sweet? :eek:

Lammie":1ij3q9jq said:

That is probably the reason he stayed. There are a whole lot of folks in the work force right now that are only working for that particular employer because of the pension benefit.

It sure is tempting to become a job shopper under the current scenario - but that means you lose your pension benefits.

backhoeboogie":24sqth0r said:
Lammie":24sqth0r said:

That is probably the reason he stayed. There are a whole lot of folks in the work force right now that are only working for that particular employer because of the pension benefit.

It sure is tempting to become a job shopper under the current scenario - but that means you lose your pension benefits.

Heck, he didn't want to find another job! He was making 90k a year working in the parts warehouse! He's a dumb a$$. He can't formulate a sentence. Just think of how many guys just like him are building American made cars right this very moment!

Maybe that's from all his smokin'.

BTW, his name is Bud. Never was a name more fitting.

Latest posts