Patrick Swayze

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
He fought a courageous battle but sadly lost,, d@mn cancer. RIP ...

I grew up with his movies from the Outsiders,, Dirty Dancing , Roadhouse and Ghost

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Mov ... yze/?imw=Y

Patrick Swayze, whose good looks and sympathetic performances in films such as "Dirty Dancing" and "Ghost" made him a romantic idol to millions, died Monday. He was 57.

Patrick Swayze's doctor said in March 2008 that Swayze was suffering from pancreatic cancer.

Swayze died of pancreatic cancer, his publicist, Annett Wolf, told CNN.

Swayze's doctor, Dr. George Fisher, revealed in early March 2008 that Swayze was suffering from the disease.

"Patrick Swayze passed away peacefully today with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months," Wolf said in a statement Monday.

I hated to read the news about his death. He always seemed to be a cut above many in the movie industry. He'll be missed.

Jo he always seemed to stay under the radar; no drug scandals, a little but of an alcohol problem, no sex scandals (that I have heard of) was married to his wife for 30 years. He ,despite all of his fame ,seemed like a normal down to earth human being..

It sounds like his biggest vice was cigarettes he was a 3 pack a day smoker.. :(

That's a shame. I hadn't seen it on the news yet. Wonder what will happen to their ranch? Him, his wife and another couple were partners in a ranch in New Mexico.

He sure gave it a good fight, most people you hear of with pancreatic cancer don't live nearly that long.

Yeah, that pancreatic cancer is bad news. He was an icon for cool for a long time.

Not your cookie cutter run of the mill Hollywood actor type that's for sure! Always enjoyed his movies and loved to hear him speak of his life. Very interesting guy. The good die young...

Latest posts