Patino, others and Adidas

Help Support CattleToday:

I was in town today and at the feed mill. That is what everyone is talking about.

I am not a sports fan but I pick up on this level of news. Lots of UK fans seen to be gloating about U of L being in the trash heap. In reality, its an indictment of sports. College sports is more outrageous than professional sports. It is suppose to focus on higher learning and research but it has been highjacked by emphasis on playing recess games. I got that term from BA99__.

Pitino has presided over several scandals at U of L. I think he finally got caught. According to the Courier Journal, he and the AD, are fired! It is all over but the possible criminal charges.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nyt ... d.amp.html

Problem is college now is about graduating people who can't form a cohesive thought but can fetch a ball.
This kicked off in the 70's big time.
Wasn't it Campbell that graduated with a degree in basket weaving paid for by the citizens of Texas.

Caustic Burno":ze607w9x said:
Problem is college now is about graduating people who can't form a cohesive thought but can fetch a ball.
Wasn't it Campbell that graduated with a degree in basket weaving paid for by the citizens of Texas.
His degree is in speech communications.
According to Brooks International, Campbell gets $10,000-$20,000 fee for each speech he gives.

greybeard":2vy82x63 said:
Caustic Burno":2vy82x63 said:
According to Brooks International, Campbell gets $10,000-$20,000 fee for each speech he gives.

Well that is a true oxymoron.

Caustic Burno":2raqnsrx said:
greybeard":2raqnsrx said:
Caustic Burno":2raqnsrx said:

How much do you and I get for each of our posts here?

greybeard":1vkpsqnp said:
Caustic Burno":1vkpsqnp said:
greybeard":1vkpsqnp said:

How much do you and I get for each of our posts here?

I don't know about you guys, but I've got a handler in Macedonia paying me $1.50 for every post I have that stirs the pot. So far, I'm making out.

Seriously, though, this might be a case where the baby needs to be thrown out with the bath water. The corruption in sports is systemic from DI all the way down. There have been repeated violations including DUI's, theft, rape/sexual assault, corruption, etc at many schools. The problem is that the money is too good, which is too alluring to too many people, therefore nothing will happen. However, it does allow for a good many young men and young women to attend college for free that would otherwise have no access to higher education. And they have beach volleyball, which is good for the spectators.

Bright Raven":3949lljh said:
I was in town today and at the feed mill. That is what everyone is talking about.

I am not a sports fan but I pick up on this level of news. Lots of UK fans seen to be gloating about U of L being in the trash heap. In reality, its an indictment of sports. College sports is more outrageous than professional sports. It is suppose to focus on higher learning and research but it has been highjacked by emphasis on playing recess games. I got that term from BA99__.

Pitino has presided over several scandals at U of L. I think he finally got caught. According to the Courier Journal, he and the AD, are fired! It is all over but the possible criminal charges.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nyt ... d.amp.html

I have become anti-sports in the last several years...so I got a kick out of the "recess games" comment. I won't forget that one!!!

Latest posts