Patents

Help Support CattleToday:

We've strayed.

But for the sake of carry-on with manufacturing, I say it depends.

An ingot may be the best route. It could be carbon fiber reinforced and then computer machined.

We don't know what the product is. No need to spend a fortune or consider durability for something that doesn't need it. Is weight a factor? Sunlight? Weather in general? Wear? We don't know.

We are making a mold out of silicone to pour plastic in to make more prototypes. The 1000 was for a silicone mold. A metal mold would cost around 10,000...and that would be for injection. I want more prototypes before we jump into a injection mold. Also, google home injection mold. For what i'm wanting to make, it would work. My product is pretty simple, maybe by next week i can say what it is. But until then, yall will just have to take my word we've done our research. Just made our first prototype from our silicone mold and it worked terrific..Have another that will be ready in a minute. The plastic we are using cures very very fast....its pretty exciting and fun to play with. Plus we are learning.

As to your original question sometimes it takes a really long time for a patent to be issued. I have several patents pending, or I should say the company I worked for, has several pending where I'm the lead and the latest one is about 4 years old and is still being defended. Good luck on yours. This is just a suggestion - instead of making and marketing your widget why don't you sell the rights for a royalty, a percentage of the selling price.

you ought to see if you can get on Shark Tank and get some big $$$ to help you get your business off and running.

chippie":2jjw64gi said:
you ought to see if you can get on Shark Tank and get some big $$$ to help you get your business off and running.
We love shark tank. I've seen people in my situation who do go on and get the suggestion, "You are doing well, just keep doing what you are, you dont need us." Meaning, i dont think this is going to be the new pocket hose, i think the buyers are limited and although i think i'll sell a lot of them, it wont be more than i can make myself. If for some reason it overwhelms me, then i'd probably offer it for sale to several companies it would interest.
We made 3 more prototypes. And for our first silicone mold, its working very very good. The doohickey i'm making needs to be water tight. So far, with the prototype plastics, they've been leaking a tad. I think we need softer plastic, so my husband ordered some more types of plastic. I should hear from the patent guy this week, and as soon as he files for it, i wont have to keep it secret anymore.

A fellow once developed a thingamajig and tried to promote it as an all around workout product and it failed miserably. A good friend Ben Doscocil bought the rights to it renamed it the "Thigh Master" put it between Suzanne Sommers thighs in an infomercial and the rest is history....he made millions and has never looked back since. Go get'em Cowgirl. (And I sincerely mean that).

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Doskocil-Mfg-Co-Inc

http://www.celebrityranch.com/page/page/2315889.htm

Good luck with your thingamajig cowgirl, it sounds like you're having fun with it and that's worth something at least. I've thought long and hard and decided to give away my million (if not billion) dollar idea. It's something almost everyone on this site would use and I'm sure many are capable of building. It is a fencerow cutter for the front of a skidsteer. It is a sicklebar cutter about 5' long but it has a cutterbar on both sides (front and back) and is run by a simple hydraulic motor from the skidsteers aux hydraulics. The cutterbar also pivots to either side of the skidsteer. It could be controlled with just the two hoses from the loader and would not require hi-flow hydraulics. I am absolutely positive this could be built. I have been cutting under my fencerows for years with an antique IH sicklebar mower on a tractor but it's a lot of backing up and kind of a pain and that's how I came up with the idea.
So there you go M5 or cowgirls husband or Jed and AC or backhoeboogie or highgrit or anyone else capable of building this that I've left out. All I ask is for a brand new one off the production line after you've made a million dollars.

ohiosteve":1eira6ui said:
Good luck with your thingamajig cowgirl, it sounds like you're having fun with it and that's worth something at least. I've thought long and hard and decided to give away my million (if not billion) dollar idea. It's something almost everyone on this site would use and I'm sure many are capable of building. It is a fencerow cutter for the front of a skidsteer. It is a sicklebar cutter about 5' long but it has a cutterbar on both sides (front and back) and is run by a simple hydraulic motor from the skidsteers aux hydraulics. The cutterbar also pivots to either side of the skidsteer. It could be controlled with just the two hoses from the loader and would not require hi-flow hydraulics. I am absolutely positive this could be built. I have been cutting under my fencerows for years with an antique IH sicklebar mower on a tractor but it's a lot of backing up and kind of a pain and that's how I came up with the idea.
So there you go M5 or cowgirls husband or Jed and AC or backhoeboogie or highgrit or anyone else capable of building this that I've left out. All I ask is for a brand new one off the production line after you've made a million dollars.
Uh hate to tell you this Steve but there's some sort of under fence cutter already made. It's not sickle but it hits the post and retracts out of the way.
I prefer to use cows on mine though.

jedstivers":19sdwq0a said:
ohiosteve":19sdwq0a said:
Uh hate to tell you this Steve but there's some sort of under fence cutter already made. It's not sickle but it hits the post and retracts out of the way.
I prefer to use cows on mine though.
Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess. I still want to build one though...along with about a dozen other things on my list

Thanks all....
Yes, Ohiosteve, it is fun. If this doohicky doesnt work out, at least we've learned the process. The patent guy did not find anything like mine exactly, and nothing like what it does which is the important part. Once we learn the patent process, there is no telling what we'll file for next. I've got a few other ideas and with the internet and a regular person can do patent searches now, i can find out almost 100% if something is made. I searched for around a year off and on with my doohickey thing. Found nothing other than people saying they wished someone would make one. I could not search patent pendings though.. Waiting to hear on his search was painful..since we'd already spent quite a bit on the first prototype..

Naw, this is one thread of hers that I was curious about. I build a few things that I don't hold a patent for. The process has always intrigued me.

kenny thomas":2y0w4zno said:
Its been a month today since she has logged in, was she banned and I missed it?
No she wasn't banned but I have some inside information that she was involved with the "Shark Tank" show. I'm sure they told her to avoid the internet for a while.