Patents

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
If you came up with a jam up idea for something that you know would be useful to every household, how would you go about getting a patent on it without getting your idea stolen?

Angus Cowman":2padnkk4 said:
send it to me Jo and Iill see if I can help ya out ;-) ;-)

seriously I would contact the U.S. patent office surely they could tell ya

Can't remember exactly who it was but I read about Edison or someone like that who worked at the patent office and he alledgedly stole a bunch of his inventions. I can't let this happen. Its not that I don't trust the government but its just that I don't trust the government.
:nod:

1982vett":32ais50k said:
Back to square one.

Trust the government or trust a patent attorney. :shock: :lol:

A patent attorney! Definitely, get a patent attorney. TRUST NO ONE BUT A PATENT ATTORNEY!!!!

Yikes, trust an attorney? :shock:

Alice

(1) Order the entire US patent database on CD-ROM disks.

(2) Send to Feds by certified delivery your patent with proper documentation and fees.

Jogeephus":3u3vzt7c said:
If you came up with a jam up idea for something that you know would be useful to every household, how would you go about getting a patent on it without getting your idea stolen?

We've been sharing and/or stealing moonshine recipes for years. Is yours that much better?

(But seriously... best of luck to you!)

grannysoo":1j2nj4wk said:
Jogeephus":1j2nj4wk said:

We've been sharing and/or stealing moonshine recipes for years. Is yours that much better?

(But seriously... best of luck to you!)

Ain't going to count my money yet but if I can put it together, I know who will buy it and merchandize it. Best of all it will be very affordable. Its so simple of an idea its brilliant. (of course it would have to be simple for me to come up with it)

Jogeephus":i1wl6l63 said:
Ain't going to count my money yet but if I can put it together, I know who will buy it and merchandize it. Best of all it will be very affordable. Its so simple of an idea its brilliant. (of course it would have to be simple for me to come up with it)

Once again, I wish you the best of luck.

That being said however, if you have Billy Myers or someone like that hawking it on tv all the while hollering at me about how good it is, I'm going to just have to drive over there and slap you silly! :lol2:

kenny thomas":l3gnho3t said:
haven't developed a new rabbit cooker, have you?

Nothing that functional or elaborate. :lol2: (Reckon there is a patent on that?) Its more like a tooth pick sterilizer only completely different.

If you put super glue on your forehead, then hold half a carrot there for five minutes, it sticks nicely. You can then slide a roll of toilet paper over the carrot and trim the carrot to length. This is the best possible fix I had found for beating your head against the wall.

I took pictures of the assembly, did a write up on it, made two copies, put them in envelopes and mailed them to myself. That way if someone DID still my invention, I had post marked sealed evidence for the judge.

I then went to the patent office. For some strange reason they were not impressed. They recommended a padded room instead.

Alice":7kndhvm8 said:
1982vett":7kndhvm8 said:
Back to square one.

Trust the government or trust a patent attorney. :shock: :lol:

A patent attorney! Definitely, get a patent attorney. TRUST NO ONE BUT A PATENT ATTORNEY!!!!

Yikes, trust an attorney? :shock:

Alice

Well there are processes you need to go through. You need to establish the art. You need to have someone witness the art. You need to date the art. You need to do a patent search. Maybe you should do the later first and see when the prior art was filed and what it covered (how extensive).

If you want to do all that yourself and then file only to be rejected because you didn't dot an "I" or cross a "T" or because there was prior art then feel free. If you've done all the ground work an attorney can't "steal" your invention.

And there's always Ron Popiel so if you don't or won't trust a patent attorney by all means go to someone like him. Or pick someone off the street which is about as safe as going to Mr. Popiel.

I've filed twice and been rejected both times. The process is complicated and difficult and the language is impossible to understand.

Hey, I know. Get Alice to handle it for you. :lol:

Jogeephus":3kifhpcw said:
kenny thomas":3kifhpcw said:
haven't developed a new rabbit cooker, have you?

Nothing that functional or elaborate. :lol2: (Reckon there is a patent on that?) Its more like a tooth pick sterilizer only completely different.
i hate too break it too you.... but they have already developed a moble meth lab..its alot better than losing your moble home
;-)

Ah Ha! So you finally finished the Imbalancer Program have ya? And now you are getting a patent on the AI technique and tools. I didn't realize you were this close to finishing the program :clap:

HOSS":1wz3hnu2 said:
Ah Ha! So you finally finished the Imbalancer Program have ya? And now you are getting a patent on the AI technique and tools. I didn't realize you were this close to finishing the program :clap:
Hoss it sounds like he is going to cut us out on the $ after all the research and development I did and also getting investors
I bet he has taken all that money and used it to fix his seawall and buy them oysters he was telling us he ate the other nite either that or he is planning a trip to Crowders

Watch Him close Crowder or he will be stealing your wimmins

I knew he couldn't be trusted

Angus Cowman":3ps2toqi said:
HOSS":3ps2toqi said:
Hoss it sounds like he is going to cut us out on the $ after all the research and development I did and also getting investors
I bet he has taken all that money and used it to fix his seawall and buy them oysters he was telling us he ate the other nite either that or he is planning a trip to Crowders

Watch Him close Crowder or he will be stealing your wimmins

I knew he couldn't be trusted

After the big trip I made down in October to look after my interest in the Imbalancer joint venture it hurts to find out that we are getting cut out of the big money thats starting to roll in. I think Jo's bookkeepr that he fired was fixin to blow the whistle so Jo had to frame him on that tax issue so he could give him the boot.........yep we are gettin wise to these shenanigans :mrgreen:

Latest posts