pastures

Help Support CattleToday:

Can you believe I am still putting out Hay. We have not had more than a half inch of rain in 3 months. The cows are getting thin even though I still have mollasses and free choice hay out. :mad:

Jeff, I bet you're really glad that you aren't row cropping anymore. I think I'm in the same beached boat as you --- not a drop of rain since the little two-tenths of an inch shower on 4/27/08. Lot's of really windy days with temperatures in the low to mid 90's have really sapped what moisture there was. Pastures are looking real poor. I guess the milo, and especially the corn, won't amount to much this year; cotton still has a chance but I'm not expecting much since I fear we are in for more of the same old hot & dry weather with no real relief in sight anytime soon (and its not even June yet!). Sure feel sorry for the guys in our general area that invested in all that high priced fertilizer & the high technology seed from the greedy bass-turds at Monsanto; kinda hard to grow crops or grass without water. Too bad we missed out on the big rains that went to the north a few weeks ago. Sounds like bigbull338 got the rain we need. Maybe we can sell him some calves. :)

Latest posts