Pasture sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
I just threw it in to try it and haven't figured out a way to attach the boom so it's can be taken in and out easily.
It's working pretty good.

I made an uprigth that slides into the tow reciever and mounted my boom on that. Also put a couple of valves in so I could spray either with the hand sprayer or the boom and in the boom plumbing so I could run the 3 different segments. Mine has a hose for the middle and one for the left and one for the right.

That's a good idea
I hadn't thought of that

I took this back as a return from a good customer. I found it was used and missing parts so I bought it since my employer couldn't take it back being used.

Similar to mine. My "boom" is separate and I just lay it on the tailgate of the mule clamp it down with two C-clamps and take off.....have a valve that allows me to switch from boom spray to nozzle spray. Works great.

TexasBred":11qmmmhw said:
Similar to mine. My "boom" is separate and I just lay it on the tailgate of the mule clamp it down with two C-clamps and take off.....have a valve that allows me to switch from boom spray to nozzle spray. Works great.

I didn't have C-clamps so I used duct tape :D
I agree it works pretty good
My pump is 2.1 gpm
I have a 5 gpm that I think I'm going to swap it out

Cross-7":30e99n0o said:
I just threw it in to try it and haven't figured out a way to attach the boom so it's can be taken in and out easily.
It's working pretty good.

I bought that same Fimco boom at Producers in Bryan a couple years ago and mounted it below my Boomjet cluster nozzle with a separator valve between them. Surprising how much fluid it can handle and how wide the swath is. I use it on my 330 gal sprayer with a 6 roller pump at 45-60 psi and have sprayed thousands of gallons of fluid with it. It works almost as well with the 3.5 gal on demand electric pump I have on my 25 gal 4 wheeler unit.The only thing I don't like it is the nozzles aren't dripless. Whatever fluid is left in that little horizontal boom pipe drips out on the lawn when I pull in the yard to refill from my well. Just make sure them big nozzle nuts are tight if you jack the pressure up much--I blew both end nozzles off the tubing the first time I used it with the roller pump.
All you should need for an isolation valve to go from boom to wand is a common Y connection like you find in the garden section. That's what my small TSC sprayer came with.

416yfNsBFzL._SY355_.jpg

Those are good nozzles. Very versatile. I like the center nozzzle to spray gravel roads,

It has a manifold like so.
I haven't used it much but it's working good so far.
I still have lots of mesquite and weedy patches so I've just drove around turning it on and off as needed

Hmm. Countyline is still TSC brand I believe. Looks like they've changed their setup since I bought mine at TSC. I'll try to get a picture of mine today--I need to get it ready to spray yard & yard fences and the fencelines in the smaller pasture anyway. I rinse it out every year and run RV antifreeze thru it for the winter and leave antifreeze in all the valves, pump, and hoses.

greybeard":15vtjw90 said:
Hmm. Countyline is still TSC brand I believe. Looks like they've changed their setup since I bought mine at TSC. I'll try to get a picture of mine today--I need to get it ready to spray yard & yard fences and the fencelines in the smaller pasture anyway. I rinse it out every year and run RV antifreeze thru it for the winter and leave antifreeze in all the valves, pump, and hoses.

That's where I bought the sprayer
I got it last august I think before I put in my waterline and used it for my shower.
I was hauling water from town in 5 gallon jugs and carrying them in the bathroom to the sprayer.
It was a big time pain and I got to where I could shower with 2-3 gallons of water.

Cross-7":jg9ikung said:
I got it last august I think before I put in my waterline and used it for my shower.
I was hauling water from town in 5 gallon jugs and carrying them in the bathroom to the sprayer.
It was a big time pain and I got to where I could shower with 2-3 gallons of water.

:D
I learned to do that long long ago during 'water hours' aboard ship--times when there wasn't much fresh water available due to use by more essential areas of the ship or when the evaps weren't up to full capacity..I'm sure dun can relate to that too.

greybeard":267ukehu said:
Cross-7":267ukehu said:

:D
I learned to do that long long ago during 'water hours' aboard ship--times when there wasn't much fresh water available due to use by more essential areas of the ship or when the evaps weren't up to full capacity..I'm sure dun can relate to that too.
Yup, been down that road more then once.

Brute 23":1cp0x2x4 said:
Build you a deal off your receiver hitch that holds your booms and put quick connects on the hose to it. Make it stick out enough that you don't get chemicals all over your machine and you can put your tailgate up.
One thing I have noticed on the trailer of my big spray unit is that the true 2" creosote planks I used under the tank have begun rotting out. It's not an isolated location..the whole plank is now porous and weak, with the wood just falling away, but it's worse in the back where the nozzles are. They should have lasted for years. I suspect it is because there is something in the herbicide or surfactant that is interacting with the preservative in the lumber. I'll have to replace them before I start using it next month.

greybeard":1mtmkug0 said:
Brute 23":1mtmkug0 said:
Build you a deal off your receiver hitch that holds your booms and put quick connects on the hose to it. Make it stick out enough that you don't get chemicals all over your machine and you can put your tailgate up.
One thing I have noticed on the trailer of my big spray unit is that the true 2" creosote planks I used under the tank have begun rotting out. It's not an isolated location..the whole plank is now porous and weak, with the wood just falling away, but it's worse in the back where the nozzles are. They should have lasted for years. I suspect it is because there is something in the herbicide or surfactant that is interacting with the preservative in the lumber. I'll have to replace them before I start using it next month.

Yup, all those chemicals are hell on equipment. On the one we rebuilt last year we had to replace the C-iron on the back by the nozzle. It was all ate up. I would not want that stuff all over the back of my utv. Plus, be sure to rinse it every... single... time you use it.

I usually zip tie my nozzle to a little bracket I made, but I followed your lead, and duct taped mine this afternoon.

For the record. We swapped our sprayer over to a boomless setup using a teejet 5880 nozzle. Just wanted y'all to know I hate it. I really want a boom again. That TeeJet has ruined my morning. LOL.

Bigfoot":1aeuds6w said:
I usually zip tie my nozzle to a little bracket I made, but I followed your lead, and duct taped mine this afternoon.
Ever have corrosion and metal flaking problems using galvanized fittings at the nozzle? I replumbed mine last year and got rid of all metal fittings behind the filter. Didn't have a single clogged nozzle.

That pipe is lined with plastic. I welded it to a piece of flat stock, and in doing so probably melted a bunch of the plastic. I wouldn't be surprised if it gives trouble down the road.

Latest posts