Pasture renovator

Help Support CattleToday:

danl

Reaction score
My father in law gave me his old renovator, he got a bigger better one.
This one used to be red or orange and has seven shanks on about a six inch steel pipe. The brand name is missing, but it was made at 6847 N 16th Street Omaha NE. Any idea what brand it is?

I figured out it is a Farnam.

Mine isn't that pretty and does not have the seed box.
I have a seeder that mounts on the back of a four wheeler, holds fifty pounds, runs of 12 volt wonder if that would do the job?

As soon as the ground is a little softer than concrete I want to overseed some pasture with wheat.

danl":1xgse0q9 said:

I have a seeder that mounts on the back of a four wheeler, holds fifty pounds, runs of 12 volt wonder if that would do the job?

As soon as the ground is a little softer than concrete I want to overseed some pasture with wheat.
subsoiler,what hp tractor you using it with ?

Going to try with my 46 hp 4wd. If that don't work i have a 120 hp that should work.
Fortunately rocks are few and far between in my place. Shouldn't hit any. Only wanting to go 4 or 5 inches deep. Not even gonna try right now, no rain for five weeks ground is hard as a rock.

danl":1qydjlt2 said:
Going to try with my 46 hp 4wd. If that don't work i have a 120 hp that should work.
Fortunately rocks are few and far between in my place. Shouldn't hit any. Only wanting to go 4 or 5 inches deep. Not even gonna try right now, no rain for five weeks ground is hard as a rock.
I'd bury it, break up the hard pan..and frees up root bound grasses. Thats already established..

ALACOWMAN":36ykp8tg said:
danl":36ykp8tg said:
I'd bury it, break up the hard pan..and frees up root bound grasses. Thats already established..

Yup, and you will need the 120hp.

danl":3j695x7d said:

Not sure it will do all that great with wheat just because it doesn't deposit the seed into the ground. Should work fine for clovers, ryegrass, or anything requiring light cover.

Wheat doesn't need much cover at all. I had a decent stand last year just broadcasting into Bermuda. Let us know how it works

We just got one that's very similar to that it's made by tuffline (I think), its 9 foot we are going to add a row of no till disk in front of it and pull a pasture hair behind

Latest posts