Pasture, Rangeland, and Forages Insurance

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":ckqvs03v said:
You have to be eccentric to call crop insurance welfare.

Having said that, it does get abused.

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Carli ... 07941.html

You may not be but if by chance you are referring to my comments.... I said it was WAY CLOSER to welfare than FRP insurance. And I don't know about everywhere else but you better believe there's some farmers in my neck of the woods that are milking the crop insurance cow DRY!

JMJ Farms":22ds8sfq said:
Bright Raven":22ds8sfq said:
You have to be eccentric to call crop insurance welfare.

Having said that, it does get abused.

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Carli ... 07941.html

You may not be but if by chance you are referring to my comments.... I said it was WAY CLOSER to welfare than FRP insurance. And I don't know about everywhere else but you better believe there's some farmers in my neck of the woods that are milking the crop insurance cow DRY!

It is not directed at anyone.

Words and concepts are a trust. If you butcher the definition of a word or concept, then there can be no trust to base communications on.

M-5":3uvmljbg said:
Bright Raven":3uvmljbg said:
callmefence":3uvmljbg said:
None so far.... when bush sent me my stimulas check I sent it back.....wife is still be nice.

Lol. I don't blame her. be nice Texacan.

Tell you what I bet. Darryl didn't send his back!!!!!!

nope I put it in the Plate at church.

You think you know so much about other people but you are misguided. even a 3 yr old would know that I am referring AG programs. SS is just a pyramid scheme but we have to pay into it. Once government gets involved is gonna be screwed up.
It 's really only screwed up in that almost everyone draws more out of it than they ever paid in.

Bright Raven":3iakahyq said:
M-5":3iakahyq said:
Bright Raven":3iakahyq said:
Lol. I don't blame her. be nice Texacan.

Tell you what I bet. Darryl didn't send his back!!!!!!

You think you know so much about other people but you are misguided. even a 3 yr old would know that I am referring AG programs. SS is just a pyramid scheme but we have to pay into it. Once government gets involved is gonna be screwed up.

I know you pretty well. Before you posted, I sent TT a text. I said, "I bet Darryl put that check in the plate at Church ".
Raven I use to know an old boy that simply "cashed" checks out of the plate at church. He'd drop in a check for $500 and get $500 cash out. End of the year he had a butload of deductions backed up with cancelled checks. :lol2:

TexasBred":vqxo9saf said:
Bright Raven":vqxo9saf said:
M-5":vqxo9saf said:

I know you pretty well. Before you posted, I sent TT a text. I said, "I bet Darryl put that check in the plate at Church ".
Raven I use to know an old boy that simply "cashed" checks out of the plate at church. He'd drop in a check for $500 and get $500 cash out. End of the year he had a butload of deductions backed up with cancelled checks. :lol2:
He'd be writing smaller checks at my church.

JMJ Farms":1e8qs5ch said:
If you collect it's subtracted from your check. If you don't collect you send them a check. It's insurance. Not a freebie.
IOW, it's subtracted from your winnings.
You are correct. Nothing is free....someone is paying for it.
But, if you don't write them a check, it's a freebie to You, in years you collect it.
The premium is paid by the program (commonly known as the taxpayer) in years you collect, which means anything you received cost you nothing.

HDRider":3r9lq4tu said:
TexasBred":3r9lq4tu said:
Bright Raven":3r9lq4tu said:
He'd be writing smaller checks at my church.
Mine too.

On the other end of the spectrum, I knew a guy that used to go out to the local watering hole on Bolivar Peninsula with his group of friends, and at the beginning of the night, for about 3 hours, flowed $$ into the tip jar like there was no tomorrow. By the end of the night, he would run out of money to buy drinks and tip with and start reaching in and taking $$ out of the tip jar, till one night the bartendress caught him and threw him out. He got away with it for a long time tho.

greybeard":1x95plr4 said:
JMJ Farms":1x95plr4 said:
If you collect it's subtracted from your check. If you don't collect you send them a check. It's insurance. Not a freebie.
IOW, it's subtracted from your winnings.
You are correct. Nothing is free....someone is paying for it.
But, if you don't write them a check, it's a freebie to You, in years you collect it.
The premium is paid by the program (commonly known as the taxpayer) in years you collect, which means anything you received cost you nothing.
49% of the premium is paid by the purchaser. 51% comes from the farm bill.