Pasture Ornaments vs Hamburger Hooves

Help Support CattleToday:

I think I will put you and cf mini pinz on my foes list so that you can be an idiot all you want and I dont have to listen to your idiotic non sense

I been on CT a long time :nod: Why can't I get on one of these lists. :oops:

I'm from upnort :oops: Never heard it before :shock: What is "Hamburger Hooves"
:drink:

mnmtranching":2ycsl14x said:
I'm from upnort :oops: Never heard it before :shock: What is "Hamburger Hooves"
:drink:

Must be a local thing...probably refers to any animal so worthless that the only thing they are good for (for ANY breed) is to grind into hamburger or dog food. At sale barns refers to "canner & cutter" animals.

"I been on CT a long time :nod: Why can't I get on one of these lists. :oops:
Your problem is your not rubbing the "right" people on here hard enough ;-)

"Back to reality :roll: ..............Everyone - support YOUR breed!!!!
Your right I'm sticking to my breed Go The Hairy Coo's :clap: :clap: :clap:

Being a newbie, I would love to hear more on the Longhorn, as I'm planning to start a Longhorn program shortly ! There's got to be a B.S. Forum elsewhere !! :tiphat:

Red Bull Breeder":e1dp54vn said:
Alot of longhorn cows will raise a decent calf breed to a Char or Limi bull, seen them sell right up there with with other calves. And them longhorn cows are mighty cheap to keep.

Funny that you should mention that Red Bull... My herd is getting long in the tooth and come August I am gonna pull the trigger and sell all the cows.... Longhorns and Longhorn crosses are one of the breeds of cattle that I am considering getting.....Question for you Longhorn breeders or anyone that might have some know how....How do Longhorns respond to have those horns cut off or tipped

houstoncutter":25bkw3b1 said:
[How do Longhorns respond to have those horns cut off or tipped

I never have done it, but I cant see it being diferent than any other cow breed. Last year I put an angus bull on some of my longhorns and they came out black and poled, and they didnt take such a beating at the sale barn.
Mac

We've had a few bulls tip their horns, no problems once healed up. Once had a steer break his horn about 4in from the skull, cut both off about 3 in from the skull and he was fine. Had one cow break her horn in half, she was fine. Also, had cow where the outer most horn cap came off. Healed up, she was fine shortly.

I've not seen any long-lasting effects of horn damage in cattle. Once healed, they are back to normal

Ryan

My only comments are that as long as it is:

Your money
Your satisfaction
Your cows
Your pleasure

As long as you are happy, then I'm happy for you.

I know farmers that are using homozygous polled Charolais bulls on Longhorn cows.
Knocks the horns and spots off the calves, and they grown well with muscle.

And TexasBred, I always heard it as "I'd rather have a sister working in a cathouse, than a sister attending Texas A&M."
But, pretty good adaptation, gave me a smile.

T-Bro":19snfrqy said:
I know farmers that are using homozygous polled Charolais bulls on Longhorn cows.

And TexasBred, I always heard it as "I'd rather have a sister working in a cathouse, than a sister attending Texas A&M."

Yeah...first time I heard it I think it was "Cleveland, Texas".. :lol: :lol: Have a laugh on me. ;-)

TexasBred":4oyu1m5z said:
T-Bro":4oyu1m5z said:

Yeah...first time I heard it I think it was "Cleveland, Texas".. :lol: :lol: Have a laught on me. ;-)

First time I heard it it was "in the marines", the second time it was "that voted democrat"

Keren":1dw4t97u said:
I know there is someone on here that has a cleanup or heifer bull who is a tipped longhorn ...

Frankie used to have a dehorned Longhorn as a gomer bull, but I'm pretty sure he went to hamburger heaven.

VanC":19mny15k said:
Keren":19mny15k said:
I know there is someone on here that has a cleanup or heifer bull who is a tipped longhorn ...

Frankie used to have a dehorned Longhorn as a gomer bull, but I'm pretty sure he went to hamburger heaven.

We've had several longhorn gomer bulls. But we get them as weaned calves and have them dehorned when they're young. They don't know they're supposed to have horns. I'd think that even tipped horns will be a problem if the rest of the herd is polled.

Latest posts