Pasture leasing???

Help Support CattleToday:

Farmgirl

Reaction score
How do you find pastures to lease? We are thinking about trying to locate some pasture nearby to lease but wondered the best way to locate. Wondered what some other readers experiences were? Thought talking to nearby realtors, or placing an ad in a few places. Other suggestions?

Thanks,
Farmgirl

the best way to locate pasture is by placing an add wanting to rent pasture.an see if any1 calls with pasture for lease.

Farmgirl":t1vc18c7 said:
How do you find pastures to lease? We are thinking about trying to locate some pasture nearby to lease but wondered the best way to locate. Wondered what some other readers experiences were? Thought talking to nearby realtors, or placing an ad in a few places. Other suggestions?

Thanks,
Farmgirl
well most times if ya ease on down to your local country store you can find out almost anything-- even in Mystic, MO Popn 6 , get a tire fixed and a coca cola and if you need more info ya gotta make that run to Green City, MO Popn 650.

Farmgirl":2oc297x9 said:

Thanks,
Farmgirl
In your area there are a lot of folks buying property for various reasons. Some of these people do not want cattle but need the exemption. I would talk to the real estate people that sell farms and ranches in the area.
Try and keep up with recent sales and you may contact them yourself. If something comes up they may notify you.
Some feed stores have poster boards set up, and even local grocery stores. More simply put, get the word out every way you can.
I picked up a place by finding out who the current tenant was. The current guy abused the property. I notified the owner, who had not seen the place in years. After he saw it there was no problem leasing the property out from under the current tenant.

Check with your local feed stores, ag supply companies, county extension agent, etc. Check with anyone that you can find that's associated with the business.

Latest posts