Pasture Lease

Help Support CattleToday:

jgibson

Reaction score
I am looking to lease the pasture that is connected to mine. I have no idea what a good price would be for leasing the 23 acres. There will be some fence work, but most of the fence is okay. The pasture is grown up and needs bushhogging. I live in marshall county, alabama. Can anyone give me any information on a good rate to offer on the pasture?

Yes. All work will be our responsability. The pasture is grown up and will need a good bit of work. The location is very desirable because it connects to us. There is even a gate between the two pastures.

I just picked up a lease just like that last month. I got it rent free the rest of this year and all of next year to clean the place up. Then in 2013 the agreement is 1000 dollars a year which works out to around 15 dollars and acre.

you cant find any pasture to lease around here.an if you do its higher than thunder.i know of wooded an growed up pasture that leases for $25 to $30 an ac a yr or more.

Most I have or will pay is 15 an acre . I've been burnt by land owners to many times to spend a pile of money to get a place in shape so the land owner can pull it and let their new boy/ girlfriends daddy's brother who never owned a cow run his cows on it .

JS has a good point. It seems no matter how long It's been since they have used it if you get it shaped up they will come up with a need for it. To avoid that try to get a long term contract on the lease like 5 year terms even 3 year would be better than a 1 year lease.

Latest posts