Pasture Drag

Help Support CattleToday:

JW IN VA

Reaction score
I used to own a chain harrow.Worked well until I forgot where I left it and ran over it when feeding :dunce: .Then my son was bush hogging and didn't know where it was until he "found" it.
Last summer I bolted some old heavy tractor and loader tires together with short pieces of chain between.So far it seems to be spreading the piles well.I've seen people use a cedar tree.It should work well it rocky areas.
Your thoughts?
I know it won't dethatch or scratch in seed but he cost wasn't bad until I can afford another chain type

I use semi tires cut in half, cut side down. Lashed together with cable, a few wide and a few deep.. Works good, rugged, and contours to the ground. Safe to drive over, atleast with tires.. Might choke the bush hog pretty quick.

Supa Dexta":2894isth said:
I use semi tires cut in half, cut side down. Lashed together with cable, a few wide and a few deep.. Works good, rugged, and contours to the ground. Safe to drive over, atleast with tires.. Might choke the bush hog pretty quick.

:lol: Good thing for here :hide:

So is cleaning your face apparently.

In a high density rotational gazing program with smooth fields it has a place.. Spreads the manure out and you arent left with a sh*t pile surrounded by tall grass the cattle wont eat the rest of the season.

Latest posts