Pastor's Business Card

Help Support CattleToday:

Tommy Ruyle

Reaction score
A new pastor was visiting in the homes of his parishioners. At one house it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his repeated knocks at the door. Therefore, he took out a business card and wrote "Revelation 3:20" on the back of it and stuck it in the door.

When the offering was processed the following Sunday, he found that his card had been returned. Added to it was this cryptic message, "Genesis 3:10."

Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke up in
gales of laughter.

Revelation 3:20 begins "Behold, I stand at the door and knock."
Genesis 3:10 reads, "I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid for I was naked."

A true man of god wouldn't have to look in his bible for that verse number one. Number two, when we are judged by God I wouder what he will think of us using his teachings as a joke?
Just a thought, don't want to spark anger or an argument.
Mark 3:29

A true man of god wouldn't have to look in his bible for that verse number one. Number two, when we are judged by God I wouder what he will think of us using his teachings as a joke?

Wife got the first one but not the second until I read it to her.

[email protected] - C'mon - it was cute. Admit it.

Bez!

[email protected]":3uuonpca said:

I hardly would consider this particular joke as blasphemy of the Holy Spirit! :shock:
I thought it was funny myself.

buckaroo_bif":1gj3w49k said:
[email protected]":1gj3w49k said:

I hardly would consider this particular joke as blasphemy of the Holy Spirit! :shock:

Anybody figures God does not have a sense of humour?

Wife always says he must have one - she married me.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bez!

Bez!":3nyl6cyx said:
buckaroo_bif":3nyl6cyx said:
[email protected]":3nyl6cyx said:

Bez!

:lol: God definitely has a sense of humor anyone who says he doesn't is a bit too pious.

buckaroo_bif":1v3ps45e said:
Bez!":1v3ps45e said:
buckaroo_bif":1v3ps45e said:
[email protected]":1v3ps45e said:

Bez!

:lol: God definitely has a sense of humor anyone who says he doesn't is a bit too pious.

Amen to that! ;-) I still maintain that computers have a back button for a reason.

[email protected]":1lnbamtd said:

Made you think and you learned a Bible verse too!