Pasterized milk bottle feeding?

Help Support CattleToday:

DitchBank

Reaction score
I was wondering I have a month old dairy heifer that has had raw milk but the raw milk is inaccessible now, I have had bad experiences with milk replacers and was looking for a different approach than to switch to a replacer, so my question is, is pasterized milk okay to feed a month old dairy heifer?

I do not know that pasturized milk is bad for your calf, but I would encourage you to try milk replacer again. I am thinking it is the type of milk replacer you used rather than milk replacer in general. Get a good milk based (vs soy) replacer. JMO.

angie":1mypdpvx said:
I do not know that pasturized milk is bad for your calf, but I would encourage you to try milk replacer again. I am thinking it is the type of milk replacer you used rather than milk replacer in general. Get a good milk based (vs soy) replacer. JMO.
Not just milk based but all milk and milk byproducts. Miniumum of 20% fat 20% protein

DitchBank":ra70x15r said:
I was wondering I have a month old dairy heifer that has had raw milk but the raw milk is inaccessible now, I have had bad experiences with milk replacers and was looking for a different approach than to switch to a replacer, so my question is, is pasterized milk okay to feed a month old dairy heifer?

Commercial milk will be somewhere between almost -0- and about 3% butterfat. You're milk replacer will be around 20%. Just keep in mind that just about anything good has been removed from "store bought" milk......Well formulated milk replacers are formulated to be as close as possible to "mother's milk" so I wouldn't even think about feeding milk from the "store" but would get me a high quality all milk, milk replacer and feed according to directions. Look to pay from $70 up for a 50 lb. bag and feed it all to him.

Latest posts