Parts search

Help Support CattleToday:

If they are not to far gone can they be reshoed? Get some large truck leaf springs and weld on and they maybe the last shoes you will need. Check Ebay as sometimes it will surprise you what you might find or find something similar and email the seller and they may have them or can tell you were to get them. Getting them from Deere will take a good war pension to pay for.

I have seen the weld on skids and was wondering if I could just make them. I have about 6ft of 4" x 1/4" flat strap left from another project. I may have to buy one to get the pattern.

I think these folks are still in business. I posted this a couple of years ago. Haven't needed parts since.

I have a Vicon disc mower. It's an older model (CM-240), I bought used. It needed some repairs. I got all the information on the cause of failure from Mike at Vicon warehouse in St. Charles, Mo. (800-237-0562).

I tried to get parts from Heritage Tractor who is the local JD dealer and Vicon Dealer. They had no parts at any of their stores and had to order them in, and I would have to pay freight. Mike told of their busiest dealer who is/was Mordt Tractor (636-263-8575) and Darrell Strielsler is parts mgr. All very good to deal with.

The problem with the mower was the owner had removed the flow restrictor fitting and the bar came down too fast. After hitting the ground too many time the metal failed. I ended up having a welding shop rebuild the broken metal and beef it up and then made my own restrictor at a $5 cost instead of $70!

I've built up skids on my swather with mild steel.. 3/16th".. works good enough, when they wear out I'll just hack them off and do it again... but they'll probably outlast the rest of the machine

I got a real good look at the shoes this evening and I can weld new skids on fairly easy . the swather has been off for a couple yrs so the end shoe has worn thru the sheet metal on that but the rock guard is in good shape. And cutter bar is good. I'll get it to the house this weekend and see what else is needed, thanks for suggestions

True Grit Farms":2zu4y77g said:
The old cutting edge off graders work good for wear surfaces.

Think I used a hi carbon rod for them-- and they're kinda curved, also got some snow plow ones---flat---in scrap pil............er....steel inventory :p

Latest posts