Parts for Robush Wood Splitter

Help Support CattleToday:

ksl1

Reaction score
I have an old Robush wood splitter. I need to find a new "head" for it. What I am calling the head is that flat plate that attaches to the cylinder and pushes the wood to the wedge. I have tried to find these on-line, but have not had much luck. I would like to get one with the bolt-on ears that keep the head from coming up off the i beam. Mine is shot and is getting dangerous to use.

With a lot of the older equipment the best source is to have one fabricated. If you have a good iron monger/blacksmith/welding shop around they can probably whip one out for you and make it exactly the way you want it

ksl1":1bxjd035 said:
I have an old Robush wood splitter. I need to find a new "head" for it. What I am calling the head is that flat plate that attaches to the cylinder and pushes the wood to the wedge. I have tried to find these on-line, but have not had much luck. I would like to get one with the bolt-on ears that keep the head from coming up off the i beam. Mine is shot and is getting dangerous to use.

Look for a good blacksmith. Here's a link to the Indiana bunch:

http://www.indianablacksmithing.org/

Greetings,
I hope you found the information and/or parts you were looking for this past March for you Robush log splitter.
I have looked around a lot and your posting here is the first reference to "Robush" brand splitters that I have been able to locate.

Apparently the Robush company didn't last too long or was bought up by someone years ago. I somewhat suspect that they were originally built for the rental market, but I have zero basis for that, just a feeling.

I am looking for a Robush log splitter, in practically any condition, and would appreciate anthing you (or any other readers) could share about the company, its products, etc.

I have discovered only that they were once (late 1970's or early 1980's?) located in Millhousen, Indiana.
I have, however, used one of their machines, and have found it to be ideal for my needs.

I would much prefer to find one already built than to design and attempt to build something similar from scratch, and any information you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Byron Foster
Fredericksburg, IN

Most of these things are cheaper to build than to buy. If you build it, you wind up with a stronger product.

The log splitter I built ran off of the tractor hydraulics. A guy bought it off of me so I built another one. It cost something like $275. Most of that cost was the cylinder and valve spool. Everything else was scrap metal including I beam from an old bridge.

My nephew bought one from the store and brought it over to have me reinforce it before he used it. It is always easier to beef one up (or anything else) before it gets all distorted or broken.

the information on your wood splitter was most helpful I am also in search on a manual for a draco 6" drum wood chipper robush ls

Latest posts