Participating in Sales

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We consign to several sales a year, we had one last weekend now getting ready for another on May 16th. I actually enjoy participating in the sales, but getting the cows ready is a pain in the hind end. Each animal has to be body clipped which we both hate doing. I would love to find someone in our area to hire for this job. I love visiting with other breeders and just enjoy seeing other folks cattle.

gizmom

We have a guy that will do your cow for $20. Well worth it in my opinion! Don't have to sharpen blades as often, and I really hate that feeling you get when you are done... like the hairs are poking you all over! lol
I love sales too. Great time to meet new people and talk about what I love the most, my cattle!

I agree, it is fun to look at the cattle and visit with other breeders. I don't mind the clipping, but I only do a few compared to you. I think if I did any more then that, I surely would be recruiting some help!
The bull sale that I participate in is a bit long. It is a week long event, so I do get over it after the first 3 days or so.