Partial rolls of barbed wire.

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucasbranham

Reaction score
Wasn't someone looking for some of these awhile back? Just saw them on a local Facebook page. :D

Unless that was from a commercial fence builder, I don't know how a person can end up with that many 1/3 rolls of barbed wire. I try to use all my leftovers up. Maybe the guy didn't believe in splicing wire?

We sell a pallet or two of barbwire shorts at local farm auctions a couple of times a year. Always amazing how much folks will pay for em.

At least a trailer a month goes to the scrap yard.

callmefence":1wrs2h2f said:
We sell a pallet or two of barbwire shorts at local farm auctions a couple of times a year. Always amazing how much folks will pay for em.

I will gladly take those t posts for scrap prices.. :D

callmefence":2ubcqv9t said:

you ever have any problem getting them to take the wire at the scrap yard?
They rejected a load I was taking in said ''the wire messes up their grinder, unless it is packed in something like and old car or deep freezer ,etc.'' I don't know it didn't make sense to me.

BRYANT":3dpz0x7b said:
callmefence":3dpz0x7b said:

They rejected a load I was taking in said ''the wire messes up their grinder, unless it is packed in something like and old car or deep freezer ,etc.'' I don't know it didn't make sense to me.

No sir. They don't just take it. They pay for it.

BRYANT":3juykkyp said:

Same here. They would 'accept' it, but not pay anything for it, for same reason you gave.
And forget about getting rid of any old cable at a salvage/scrap yard around here, unless it was cut into 2-3ft lengths.
Took about 300' of old rusty 1" wire rope and had to bring it back home. I spent more on oxy/acet cutting it up than it was worth.

Here they will take it and pay so much a pound if it is in something like and old car or freezer.
most of the time I don't have anything to put it in so I just pack it in a wash, if its to much work its not worth my time to mess with it. I am always picking up metal left by renters I have three piles one for steel, one for alum. and one for copper/ brass. When prices go up I need to haul in some steel now, probably have 3 dump trailers loads needing sold. I use to give it to a scrapper kid I knew but with my skid steer and a grapple bucket a can load my dump trailer pretty easy so I been selling it my self.

greybeard" Same here. They would 'accept' it said:
2X

Got the last lick in one Saturday. Off loaded a load of rusty wire. Then drove back to a guy in line with some good galvanized barbed wire on his load. Thru it in my truck and drove home. :banana: The bitch at the scale was totally pissed.

last placed i lived they wouldn't take any wire around there. but the have several yards around here that will take it.

I ended up taking a 6500 lb load of wire into the dump.

Latest posts