Parthenaise Questions

Help Support CattleToday:

Big Bucks

Reaction score
Does anyone raise or have experience with Parthenaise cattle, or know where I might find some Parthenaise semen in the US?

I would look towards ireland or france for info, and they can put you in touch with anyone in the US who may be playing with them. Its gonna be a tough search though, as even the website for the US doesn't exist anymore.

GENEX has semen in added attractions.have 1/2 Blood cow,is a good one. seen some in ILL,a few years back. Bluedog :welcome:

bluedog":zo2y8n3n said:
GENEX has semen in added attractions.have 1/2 Blood cow,is a good one. seen some in ILL,a few years back. Bluedog :welcome:
I thought Genex discontinued the Added Attractions program last year?

How could I go about getting some Parthenais semen imported from france? I have been trying to get some imported but having no luck getting someone willing to look into shipping to the US. I have used the bulls from Universal and am looking for more bloodlines.

Big Bucks":3q74cuf1 said:
Does anyone raise or have experience with Parthenaise cattle, or know where I might find some Parthenaise semen in the US?

I do have experience with purebred Parthenais and I have a small number of them in Oregon. I got interested in them originally when I used a Parthenais bull on my angus cross cows and the calves grew amazing and dressed out great and much more tender meat with little to no waste fat on the carcass. And crossed on a angus cow they still throw black calves.

Hi! I'm wondering if you are still breeding Parthenais cattle? I'm in Oregon and would like to talk to someone raising them locally. I know they are hard to find in the states. Thanks!

Latest posts