part-time income.

Help Support CattleToday:

cornstalk

Reaction score
Hello board,

I'd like to once again thank everyone on the board for all of the fantastic information I've recieved over the last year or so. What a terrific site!

I'd like to run this past you guys. I'm a 25yo full time non traditional college student,......with just a few head of cows (7). Currently putting in a few hours a week as a pt worker at a local processing plant to try and help pay a few bills. Plan on adding a few more cows this fall to get my herd number up over 10. ;-)

I'd love to find an outside sales opportunity, small business, or similar entrepreneaur like opportunity. I've been brain storming a lot lately......with few results. Do any of you have any ideas for me? Not looking to get rich quick.....just earn a few extra dollars. I already cut / split firewood in the fall,.....do small carpentry jobs throughout the rest of the year and have been just scraping by.

Would love to find a product to sell, ect. I'm a pretty avid ebayer....just dont have much to sell on ebay...

Thanks.

First ahving been in your shoes I would say slow down. First keep the grades up. Now days alot of peole will not hire out the tougher higher paying job to anyone with a GPA less than 3. And there is no reason to not ahve it that high. 2nd if your grades are good I would make the ends meat and get out of school first. You have pleanty of time to raise cattle. I know the excitement. I still have it and I am out of school. Be patient with your cattle buying. Waite for the good buys and good head. See which dirction you want to go if you dn't know. Like commercial or seedstock. I hope this helps you some. job I don't know about. Sounds like you are doing well. I don't remeber hearing anyone getting rich in college.

Scotty

Thanks for the reply Scotty.......I'll heed your advice. Do tend to get ahead of myself.......

Latest posts