Paris sale barns

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything on the new sale barn in Paris. When will it open?

I heard one rumor that the first few sales will be commission free..
Its giant and right next to the other new barn. Was suppose to open this time last year.. I also heard that the only object the new owner wants to achieve is to run the other 2 out of business.. I'm wresting with this, do I promote his spite for whatever reason, do I look past that and take advantage of the no commission or do I turn my back on it. And in his opening days, will he bring in good buyers? or are they loyal to the other barn owners... This is just a weird situation...

Normally when a new sale comes along it does great the first sale as advertisement.
After that is the commission savings worth more than a price difference that might occur. Somehow they are getting paid, it takes a lot of money to run a yard.

If you are happy where you have been selling and they do you a good job why consider leaving them. Loyalty means a lot.
If your not happy then try them out.
I have other places I could sell but the commission co I use at Oklahoma national goes above and beyond on service. No way I'm leaving them.

kenny thomas":327qwjr2 said:
Normally when a new sale comes along it does great the first sale as advertisement.
After that is the commission savings worth more than a price difference that might occur. Somehow they are getting paid, it takes a lot of money to run a yard.
You ought to see this place...Its spitting distance from the other new one that looked huge when they were the only ones sitting there. This new guy has so much hate for the other two guys he's willing to sink in all of what he has, he doesn't care if he makes money. There is no way to ink it out that he'll ever make money, its all for spite...

New one? I thought they just built a second one a few years ago. How many can that part of the country support?

jedstivers":m1p1hacg said:
If you are happy where you have been selling and they do you a good job why consider leaving them. Loyalty means a lot.
If your not happy then try them out.
I have other places I could sell but the commission co I use at Oklahoma national goes above and beyond on service. No way I'm leaving them.
We use many sale barns from all around. I don't really care which one we use. They've all made us happy, they've all made us mad. The reason i'm going to work harder to take as few as possible to the sale....But since its our source of income, if someone is going to forgo the commission, i'm in. Its just the looming thought that maybe they wont have the buyers and it evens out.... things tend to even out..

I sell most of my calves direct to capital livestock's stocker operation. In schewertner
Anything else though goes through lampasas.
They be always been good to me and are honest often to the point of harming themselves. Several barns the same distance that often bring a few cents more. but as Jed stated loyalty means alot

slick4591":e4u5zdpv said:
New one? I thought they just built a second one a few years ago. How many can that part of the country support?
Exactly.... the future one is, i'm not kidding, spitting distance to the last new one.
What would be great would be Paris becomes the new hub....that would be awesome..

With your numbers load lots is the way to go, even if it's through their sale. We do phone sales once a month or so and usually have 6-7 buyers on the phone that have never been to this stockyatd.

RanchMan90":2w0u92u1 said:
It would have to be on Thursday not to have a conflicting schedule with other sales on that circuit.
They are going with Wed and Sat.... its crazy....He's not in it for the money.

I'd take advantage of the no commission of he could prove he had buyers coming. I'm in business to make money. I'm not loyal to anyone because no one will be loyal to me when it comes to money.

JSCATTLE":ifc7fa0g said:
I'd take advantage of the no commission of he could prove he had buyers coming. I'm in business to make money. I'm not loyal to anyone because no one will be loyal to me when it comes to money.
Exactly.... I've had a beef with every barn (around 6) we've used over the 30 years we've been in this area, some with satisfactory results, some that left a burr under my saddle...
Reminds me of a episode of Seinfeld where George thinks the waitress is being nice to him because she likes him and jerry says, "Well, she works for tips"....lol There is a situation in that show for almost every thing in life, love that show.. Sale barn guys are going to be nice because they want your calves..
The plan is we'll only sell like oddball, heifers calves and cull heifers at the sale.. We have the best steer crop we've ever had and that's motive enough to find the best way to sell. I want someone lined up though that we'll have them around the shortest time weaning. I want a load date. Because as always, the day we wean, a strong front moves though and dumps tons of cold rain on them. We have a good pen now, but not good if it gets cold and rainy....

jedstivers":2hvjimcx said:
Oh yeah, a question
Why does the one guy hate the others and what does he do to be able to support a loosing barn if it comes to that?
I don't know.....i'm sure someone has the answer, but I've only heard he's doing it out of spite..

cowgirl8":36ndjc9p said:
jedstivers":36ndjc9p said:
Oh yeah, a question
Why does the one guy hate the others and what does he do to be able to support a loosing barn if it comes to that?
I don't know.....i'm sure someone has the answer, but I've only heard he's doing it out of spite..
Well, you hear everything but the truth. Bet there's more to it or he'll soon be out of business. Barns that size aren't cheap. Will take a huge amount of money to keep one running that's loosing money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts