Parents driving their kids to school

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":1kq0qygm said:
skyhightree1":1kq0qygm said:
Caustic Burno":1kq0qygm said:
Congratulations Sky your generation is the first that their children's life expectancy is shorter than their parents. Also my taxes have to pay for acres of concrete for pansy be nice kids to drive their truck that mommy and daddy buy along with the insurance.
All the while still having to pay taxes for
diesel and maintain a fleet of half empty buses.
No this isn't 50 years ago not everything has improved the educational system is a joke most graduauating illiterate children.
The USA school system peaked in the 50's and 60's fueled by the Montgomery GI bill we ranked non 1.
Your kids may be able to drive to school your graduating dummies now ranked in the mid 20's out of the top fifty country.
Congratulations you taught a generation to drive but not how to learn then again that requires parental participation.

I truly feel for you being such a disgruntled unhappy person and try to talk down to everyone then on the other end speak about singing in church on Sundays... You sure are a winner and I guess you told me ... NOT ... you have grandkids so will they be graduating dummies like everyone else's on the board ???? or will yours be excluded and special like you C.B. ?

Yep I have two that will and their parents have failed them just like the rest of your generation.
That is not disgruntled just fact you have raised a generation of kids with a lower educational threshhold and your parenting skills have shortened their life expectancy. You also raised the first generation that will not do as well in life. That's something to hang your hat on. Well done

Thank you but I don't wear hats that's for you old cow pokes.. Just say a special prayer for us and keep singing this Sunday and everything will be alright CB :D ride on cowboy :cowboy: :cowboy: :tiphat:

Bigfoot":1swijg3v said:
This will go over like a turd in a punch bowl, but I gotta say it. The schools, are probably the only government run entity, that actually produces something-----------Graduates. Granted they're not as educated as we would like, but imagine if our young people received no education.

I used to disagree with home schooling but have rethought that position.
Parents are too busy today to be hammering the school boards or participating in children's education.
They will show up for a football game but not if he is failing math or biology.
This phenomenon is a recent evolution of our society now shortly after birth
the daycare system starts raising the child till it is passed off to the local ISD as daycare. The ISD is not concerned with little Johnny's education but his attendance for federal dollars this is the fault of the parents and voter no matter your party affiliation
Heck you can't even get a job in most manufacturing today with a HS diploma as it is worthless.

The school bus here delivers every kid right to their house. When I was a kid the bus stopped every half mile or so and dropped off a bunch of kids. The kids had to walk the quarter mile each way to their homes. Kinder garden through senior year I walked at least a quarter mile to catch the bus. Most of my senior year I had my leg in a cast (6 months and 1 day). At that point the bus stop was a half mile from the house. Mom drove me to the bus stop for a week or two. After that I walked. Now if I am behind the bus it will literally stop at one house then pull forward 100 feet to the next house to let the next kid off. No wonder it takes so long for the bus to make its rounds. And don't give me the "things are different now" line. Statistically there were more abductions when I was a kid than there are now. The difference is there is 24/7 national news now. A kid gets grabbed in Maine and you here about for a week.

Bigfoot":3g4izn7k said:
This will go over like a turd in a punch bowl, but I gotta say it. The schools, are probably the only government run entity, that actually produces something-----------Graduates. Granted they're not as educated as we would like, but imagine if our young people received no education.
Too many worry about the schools......never give a thought to the kids and the teacher's unions have become way to political. I have to admit mine got a good public education years ago but they also wanted to learn. Looking back don't know but what we might consider private or parochial school.

Dave I got POd my junior year they built a new HS and you had to live 1.6 miles to ride the bus. We lived 1.5 finally saved enough money half way through my senior year to get a 55 Chevy Apache you could throw a cat through without it hitting anything.
Hallelujah I didn't have to walk the mile to work and then home when I got off at ten.The big plus was I had time to go by and sit on the porch with the Mrs. on Friday or Saturday nights I had to work.

I am still trying to figure out why it is such a big deal for kids to get dropped off and/or picked up from school.
The school bus has to run the route whether my kid rides or not.
There are and have been bad parents in every generation and also great ones. Just b/c parents are great doesn't mean the kids are going to turn out to be great kids.

my kid rides the bus. she doesnt like it but i didnt like it when i was a kid either. i also didnt like cleaning up my room guess what she doesnt like doing that either. thats life

Caustic Burno":wzcx7cnb said:
Your kids may be able to drive to school your graduating dummies now ranked in the mid 20's out of the top fifty country.
Congratulations you taught a generation to drive but not how to learn then again that requires parental participation.
Caustic Burno":wzcx7cnb said:
finally saved enough money half way through my senior year to get a 55 Chevy Apache you could throw a cat through without it hitting anything.
Hallelujah I didn't have to walk the mile to work and then home when I got off at ten.The big plus was I had time to go by and sit on the porch with the Mrs. on Friday or Saturday nights I had to work.
Well, at least you know how to drive. ;-)

Caustic Burno":3861k6ct said:
Dave I got POd my junior year they built a new HS and you had to live 1.6 miles to ride the bus. We lived 1.5 finally saved enough money half way through my senior year to get a 55 Chevy Apache you could throw a cat through without it hitting anything.
:lol2: :lol2: Use to know an old Baptist preacher that called that "Scooter Pooping". Never knew how he came up with that.

Caustic Burno":2sga307d said:
plumber_greg":2sga307d said:
Riding with their peers!!!!
We always laugh and say riding the school bus was torture until you got big enough to do the torturing.
School buses were meant to be survived.
CB, what is wrong that the younger generation is doing so much better than you. They have nothing that you didn't wish you had when you were young.
I am proud that my kids are gonna' be able to afford the things for their kids that I always wished I had.
I tell people to not pull the "everything's on credit and they're spoiling the kids", thing on me.
That is not always true.
2 of my 3 kids went to college and could buy a new car and pay cash about anytime they wanted. gs

I don't know if they are doing better they demand a higher standard of living and believe they are entitled
Yours are not the norm and I see it in my great grandchildren.
Maybe yours are not on credit the vast majority the only thing they own is a note.
If we ever fall on hard times we have a couple generations in trouble.
On this we will never agree.
I can see how much better off they are today most are obese and have a shorter life expectancy than their parents and grandparents that is a heII of an accomplishment by the current generation of parents. I have two I am convinced are destined to a short life.
There momma hates my guts for telling her to make the precious little lard asses do some work.
I don't remember but one fat
Kid in school.
Sorry CB, you're just plain wrong on this one. My childrens' generation is plain amazing. The ones I know are not obese and gonna' die young.
They have incomes that you have never achieved, knowledge that you will never have and peace of mind you will never know.
If I had their opportunities when I was their age, I have no idea what I may have accomplished in life. Our young people are the future, and I believe the future is the brightest it has ever been.
I also believe my generation, (pot smoking, rock and roll, etc be damed) set them up to succeed as no generation before them could have. gs

That is not the facts you can choose to ignore them or yours may be the exception.
Fact the majority of our youth will have a shorter life expectancy second most won't do as well as their parents on income that's the real world.
I will agree that the pot smoking generation got rid of a lot of good paying jobs for the next generation overseas.

M.Magis":1ezryga3 said:
This just might be the dumbest "discussion" I've seen on CT.

We had an argument not long ago about how to properly brace a corner post. I thought it was pretty stupid (everybody should know angled is better :D ). I believe this one is actually a tick dumber.

Carry on

I'm not sure what turned this into what some view as a dumb discussion. I simply made an observation of a cultural change that I had noticed in the last few years and wondered why it had happened.

I didn't assume it would be earth shattering reasons, but I am just curious. It's not a "big deal," nor has it taken any bacon off my table, but it is something that has changed greatly in the past several years.

Cultural changes and what makes people tick is interesting to me and can often make interesting discussion.

I spent 3 hours a day on the bus or waiting for school to start, because my bus had to make a second run after it dropped us off.. makes for a long day... Our bus driver was cool at least, his biggest problems were noisy elementary kids, and he did tolerate a lot, but when he got fed up the law was laid down (and double jeopardy applied). I also lived a 10 minute drive past the end of the bus route..

I do think it's ridiculous how many people cart their kids back and forth.. I understand of course if they're doing things after school and can't get the bus, but the billions of hours and extra miles driven is baffling.

Hey, I know, should start a service that you charge for to bring their kids home! I'm sure you could make money if you could haul 20 or 30 of them at a time.. Only requirement is that your vehicle isn't yellow!

when i was little we all stood at the end of the street and waited on the bus.. rain snow. whatever.

1 stop for the entire block. not at every.... single... house like now. on top of that I see kids who live RIGHT beside the school and mommy drives them over..

or what I see a lot is mommy having the kid in the car.. WAITING for the bus. If you're going to sit there with your car running for 30 minutes waiting on the bus.. just drive the fvcking kid to the school.