Pandemic

Help Support CattleToday:

They must have known it was coming cause for the past year the CDC has been steady with their PSA's on the radio here. I posted something about it several months ago wondering about what they were talking about.

Jogeephus":27u7v4oa said:
They must have known it was coming cause for the past year the CDC has been steady with their PSA's on the radio here. I posted something about it several months ago wondering about what they were talking about.

Yes you did Jo, and we all hoped it was just a test.. Maybe it's me but things are getting a little too controlled and coincidental..

Let's hope our governments (especially mine) do a better job of containing this than they did SARS..

ga. prime":211dlkpu said:
:lol2: Noah's in the book of Genesis.
going too fast for ya ?
i'll type slower
ga. prime":211dlkpu said:
:Oh, I'm so scared now!

cross_7 said
read the book of Revelation

cross_7 said
everyone laughed at Noah til they had water up to thier neck

What I'm waiting for is someone to taylor a virus to take out the race they hate,forgetting we;re all crossbred--at least I am,what with the Irish/English/Native American + thing going on..

peg4x4":1hmgkpj3 said:
What I'm waiting for is someone to taylor a virus to take out the race they hate,forgetting we;re all crossbred--at least I am,what with the Irish/English/Native American + thing going on..

I look for the same thing too. If they come up with that, it will probably wipe out 99.9% of the people on this board..... :roll:

Eight cases reported in New York City today, and a couple in Kansas. Thought to have been contracted by people visiting Mexico.

Three cases here in Scotland today, who have just come back from a holiday in Mexico, we are on an alert, and travel agents have said to not go to Mexico and if you have a holiday booked you'll get your money back, for not going. doesn't sound good. Hope it doesn't get as bad as the last bad out break.

There haven't been any cases in Indiana or next door in KY. I'm sleeping soundly.
I think exposure to animals and multiple viruses give most of us on here (CT) pretty good natural immunity.
I am, however, in full panic mode because protein stocks like Tyson and Smithfield and JBS took a pounding in the stock market today (Monday). And I have a few head at auction tomorrow. Beef-no flu is named for us! Am I going to take a beating because of some crazy virus?
I heard a report--the CDC recommends you not kiss. They say they don't oppose romance, but they wouldn't die for love. So if your kissee just got back from Mexico, you might want to suspend whatever has been going on.

CKC1586":1r6q70rl said:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) which released the following statement:

"Swine influenza viruses are not spread by food. You cannot get swine influenza from eating pork or pork products. Eating properly handled and cooked pork products is safe."

In addition, the CDC said it has found NO EVIDENCE to indicate that any of the illnesses resulted from contact with pigs.

Thanks CKC for the link ,it p@sses me off to no end the stupidity of some people who have said that you get swine flue from eating pigs. I want to reach through the computer or TV and smack them. Even though I am not a pork producer I am an ag producer and we all need to band together and protect our industry from misinformation.

what?":3ajn1l2d said:
grannysoo":3ajn1l2d said:
peg4x4":3ajn1l2d said:

I look for the same thing too. If they come up with that, it will probably wipe out 99.9% of the people on this board..... :roll:
there is a fella from tennessee who will be part of that .01% that survives there is no way that boy has crossed with anything he is 100% inbred

What?

hillsdown":2mqiwwo8 said:
CKC1586":2mqiwwo8 said:

"Swine influenza viruses are not spread by food. You cannot get swine influenza from eating pork or pork products. Eating properly handled and cooked pork products is safe."

In addition, the CDC said it has found NO EVIDENCE to indicate that any of the illnesses resulted from contact with pigs.

Thanks CKC for the link ,it p@sses me off to no end the stupidity of some people who have said that you get swine flue from eating pigs. I want to reach through the computer or TV and smack them. Even though I am not a pork producer I am an ag producer and we all need to band together and protect our industry from misinformation.

Yup, frustrating to hear all the beef bashing and meat bashing in general on the so called news shows in their little cooking/health snipets!!!
We need to do a better job in some how getting legitimate information to the city slicker public. They believe every word they hear on their TVs. Dam hard to defend a lie.

hillsdown":ccz4qpg5 said:
CKC1586":ccz4qpg5 said:

They are bashing 'factory farms' on Nightline on ABC right now. Stupid media is still trying to spin this towards the pork industry. Thank God I don't have a hog barn.

Latest posts