palpation cage

Help Support CattleToday:

pricefarm

Reaction score
Build one today out of 2" square tube 1/8" thick. It's plenty heavy don't think they will break it. Still need to paint it.

Tack a chunk of sheet metal on inside of each gate to cover the 3 lower gaps. It will keep heads and legs from getting caught. Nice job. Not something I can do.

Aaron":fms7ons3 said:
Tack a chunk of sheet metal on inside of each gate to cover the 3 lower gaps. It will keep heads and legs from getting caught. Nice job. Not something I can do.

Yes I thought about doing that. I'll have to get some. Thank you. Iam by far not a expert welder.

Very nice, keep up the good work. What did you cut the square tubing with?

Very nice. You should have that forever. I like ours sheeted in so they can't see through at all as they are standing behind the gate, but that will be easy enough to do if you choose to.

All of our chute areas are enclosed. It really does help.

If you don't want to deal with sheet steel, you can rip strips of plywood to fit between the bars. Weld on some 1x3/16 flat stock to bolt the boards to.

Looks good, I'd sheet metal it as others suggested to keep the animals calmer.

I'm sure you already know this, but don't breathe the fumes off those galvanized parts when you're welding them. Worst headache I've had in my life.

cfpinz":1r56ued6 said:
Looks good, I'd sheet metal it as others suggested to keep the animals calmer.

I'm sure you already know this, but don't breathe the fumes off those galvanized parts when you're welding them. Worst headache I've had in my life.

Yes from what I have been told those fumes can be pretty dangerous. I welded outside and the wind was blowing about 20mph that day.

Latest posts