Palpated today

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score

We had hoped to beat t front that was forecast....we didn't make it the rain was coming at us sideways so having a covered working area didn't help. I retreated into the shed my excuse the paper work has to stay dry.

For being so nasty it really was a good day 25 of 32 recips were called safe to the ET date. In total we palpated 54 head with just two for sure opens and a few rechecks. The bull in that pasture has been getting the job done for sure. The two opens and all the rechecks were cows passed over on ET work so not a surprise that at this point they are open or short. We worked the calves yesterday wormed and tattooed all of them, all that group are growing really well averaging around 2.7 pounds a day. I imagine that will go up with the grass starting to come on, and the worming. The heavyweights in the group are out of our D45 herd bull, SAV Reign and SAV Absolute. We are expecting the calves next week to weigh a bit heavier since that group has been on grass longer.

Gizmom

Grit it did blow off it was nasty fora bit. We are headed to Alabama today to do a little camping R&R then go to the Alabama Cattlemen's convention. I love attending the convention catching up with old friends and making a few new ones.

Gizmom

great results, What is the breeding on the D45? If the rain will break a few days hope to have mine ultrasounded end of the month.

BSE

D45 is a Resource son out of SAV Blackcap May 2325 his registration # is 18807913. I confess he was not my pick I picked D26 and his calves are doing good but the D45 calves are really impressive. D26 is a SAV Recharge out of a Pathfinder dam his registration # is 18807240. A footnote a flush sister to D45 had her first calf this year, you might remember me posting about the heifer that dropped her calf in the mud bog and it drowned....yep that was the flush sisters baby, needless to say that one hurt a bunch!

i like the bull, my kind of moderation, when the data hits it may raise some growth numbers..
Loosing any hurts, but some more than others. just lost a 6 year old Performer daughter with a Extension heifer calf in her, mud is no good for anyone, and its crazy around here

Latest posts