Pallet Forks?

Help Support CattleToday:

Keep an eye out at local auctions, they usually run between 200 and 400 bucks for a good used set around here. And look for a set with the solid forks, the tubular ones have a tendency to bend. What type of hookup does your loader have?

cfpinz":2ill3a7x said:
Keep an eye out at local auctions, they usually run between 200 and 400 bucks for a good used set around here. And look for a set with the solid forks, the tubular ones have a tendency to bend. What type of hookup does your loader have?
Skis steer type.

If you have a universal skid steer mount you should be able to find a set at a sale this winter . I don't like the ones that go on the bucket because it puts the weight out front too far.

If your handy you might find some old forks off a forklift, get a mounting plate(I was getting them for $75.00 a couple years ago) and weld something up.

pm El_Putzo and ask him how he did it with the forks he got from

My Kubota uses the skid-steer quick loader hookup. Earlier this year I picked up a set of used, but in great shape, skid steer forks off ebay for arond $500, This was about $700 lower than the price of a new set. They were about 150 miles from me but only about 7 miles from a buddy of mine. He picked them up and kept them a week or so until he was coming this way.

I had wanted a set of forks for a few years but didn't think I would use then enough to justify the cost. Now I understand how useful they are and I don't understand how I got alone without them. Example, last month when getting ready to plant food plots, i purchased a pallet of winter wheat about 4 days before we were going to plant. I was going to leave the pallet of wheat on the pickup, but forecasted rain told me I need to keep it under cover. I used the forks and unloaded the pallet and set it in the barn.

EAT BEEF":1p5cpn7e said:
If your handy you might find some old forks off a forklift, get a mounting plate(I was getting them for $75.00 a couple years ago) and weld something up.

Some company has them advertised in the Farmer's Hotline or something like that for about 85 bucks, seen them earlier tonight.

With the universal hookup I'd keep an eye out at local contractor's auctions, shouldn't be hard to find.

I made two different types. I had an old set of pallet forks someone gave me years ago. I made them into a set that goes on the three point on the back. I also made a set of quick disconnect for the front end loader on the MF. I built them out of 4 inch square tubing and it is a three prong but, I also have two spear connections welded on the bottom spread to go in pallets. I can remove the 3 and install the bottom 2 long spears in minutes. Most time I just use the two long spears to move rolls of hay also.

I think I have about $300 in it and I had to buy the square tubing and spears. I will try to a picture of it.

Well when I purchased a Bush Hog loader for my tractor about 5 or 6 years ago I purchased a set of pallet forks. As the old saying goes"even a blind hog can find an acorn now and then". One of my best investments. Takes a lot of work out of everyday jobs. I have a bucket, forks and homemade spear. The forks seem to stay on the tractor all the time, however you can change from one to the other in just minutes. Move equipment without chains (ie don't have to get off to hook, unhook or RE-hook. I have since purchased some very heavy portable cattle panels that I wouldn't have even considered without the loader and forks. I don't think you can go wrong by getting something that fits and can be changed out in minutes without tools. IMHO.

We have a set that goes on the front of the bucket. There is absolutely nothing good to say about them. They are about as close to useless as you can get without actually being there. If you want to come to Winchester, I will sell them to you for scrap price.