Painting a Rusted Tin or Galv. Roof

Help Support CattleToday:

Lawson Farms

Reaction score
Anyone ever painted a tin roof? I'm looking for product recommendations that you've seen good results with. We have the roof to our old dairy barn, a shop, small storage warehouse, and 2 grain bins that I'd like to get several more years out of the roof.

Henry 555 alum roof coating. Brush the loose rust and brush on the coating 1 gal per sq in 2 coats. the rust will come back in 5 or 6 years. if you put a thin coat on every few years you can make it last Indefinitely. the gypsies that come around and spray use basically the same stuff but you only get a couple of years before rust comes back.

M5farm":2fsf7er5 said:
Henry 555 alum roof coating. Brush the loose rust and brush on the coating 1 gal per sq in 2 coats. the rust will come back in 5 or 6 years. if you put a thin coat on every few years you can make it last Indefinitely. the gypsies that come around and spray use basically the same stuff but you only get a couple of years before rust comes back.

We had a gypsies from Arkansas come thru here about 5 years ago, and did a great job on all my sheds, and barn. Just now starting to show thru with some rusty spots. Hmm.. where are they when you need em??

Sherwinn Williams makes a dtm paint( direct to metal) that we use on the large satellite dishes you see at broadcast stations. It's pretty good stuff

Latest posts