Paint Sprayers advice needed.......

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Has anybody tried one of these or something similar? My steel post are all rusty (as I am a little OCD) and I would like to have something I could spray that is cordless and works good without the hassle of dragging a generator and/or electric/gas air compressor around spray painting. When the steel post rust they rust the cross wire even though it is galvanize and shortens the life.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Graco-Ultra-Co ... 1438.l2649

s-l1600.jpg

jltrent":18zzj9ak said:
Has anybody tried one of these or something similar? My steel post are all rusty (as I am a little OCD) and I would like to have something I could spray that is cordless and works good without the hassle of dragging a generator and/or electric/gas air compressor around spray painting. When the steel post rust they rust the cross wire even though it is galvanize and shortens the life.

s-l1600.jpg

:lol: :lol: Thats funny. I think a perfectionist like yourself should paint it with a brush 8)

HDRider":29ji2ulv said:
For the cost it ought to be good as reviews are not great. My son worked at Sherwin Williams part time in school and they carried these. I could have gotten one a lot cheaper with his discount and maybe a return real cheap...He still has some connections there if I knew it would work to suit me. I brushed on about 200 post a few years ago and used Walmart paint. If I ever brush anymore on it will be the best paint I can find as the Walmart paint was sorry. On the sock deal, do you just put on a rubber glove with a sock on and put it on that way? It that how they do it out west?

skyhightree1":3cuxw4xr said:
jltrent":3cuxw4xr said:

s-l1600.jpg

:lol: :lol: Thats funny. I think a perfectionist like yourself should paint it with a brush 8)
:lol:

skyhightree1":11wyag19 said:
jltrent":11wyag19 said:

s-l1600.jpg

Yes, a 3/4" wide brush at that.
actually, you should just replace all those ugly rusted tee posts....if thy tee post offends thee...pluck it out

:hide:

greybeard":xfo8xxw0 said:
skyhightree1":xfo8xxw0 said:
jltrent":xfo8xxw0 said:

s-l1600.jpg

actually, you should just replace all those ugly rusted tee posts....if thy tee post offends thee...pluck it out

:lol: :nod:

greybeard":2is0aqww said:
skyhightree1":2is0aqww said:
jltrent":2is0aqww said:

s-l1600.jpg

Hadn't though of that actually....sometimes the hard way is the best fix..... :lol:

jltrent":x8tpu4u2 said:
HDRider":x8tpu4u2 said:
For the cost it ought to be good as reviews are not great. My son worked at Sherwin Williams part time in school and they carried these. I could have gotten one a lot cheaper with his discount and maybe a return real cheap...He still has some connections there if I knew it would work to suit me. I brushed on about 200 post a few years ago and used Walmart paint. If I ever brush anymore on it will be the best paint I can find as the Walmart paint was sorry. On the sock deal, do you just put on a rubber glove with a sock on and put it on that way? It that how they do it out west?

Like your son I also did my tour with SW. They really make sure you know your stuff to work there. I would be more concerned about how to get the rust off the existing posts. SW or Walmart paint will not matter if you can't get back to bare metal.

Wire brush or wire wheel treatment then wipe with acetone followed by a good heavy coat of a hi solids rust preventative primer (like KemKromik, ask your boy) and then a good waterbased finish like DTM. That system would last you many years

Latest posts