Packin Heat when mowing the lawn

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Not taking about the Bull - Packin Heat. I want to know if anyone reading this packs a firearm while mowing their lawn.

Son of Butch posted this on another thread. To avoid tainting a pleasant thread about Andrew's vacation, I brought the post here:

Son of Butch":29jq0ass said:
Glad to hear your report of an amazing trip and meeting some friendly good people. :banana:

Imagine that... no feeling the need to pull a gun, by getting scared because someone walked past you on the way to
their car. By reading comments from some posters on here you'd think you would have to be extra lucky not to have
at least 1 family member shot or attacked when visiting America for more than a week :)

I worked with a man who claims he packed his Colt Government .45 ACP even when he mowed the grass. He was a wild sort with a big shaggy unkempt beard and big belly hanging over the family jewels. I always pictured him with no shirt, sweat streaming down his face, big belly riding his pants over, pushing a lawn mower and a Colt Government .45 ACP buried under his love handles.

If you need to throw up, I understand.

My oldest when he's not at the station has a landscaping and mowing business.
He also has a little kubota and mows some acerage.
He was shredding some property in the country and some guys pulled up and asked where Craig was.
He told them he hasn't seen him.
They said I know your Craig and we want our money.
This went back and forth until he pulled out his drivers license and showed them he wasn't Craig.
He told me he'd never be in that position again and got his CHL

The only time I'm not carrying is when I'm in my birthday suit. In my opinion anyone who doesn't carry is a fool and doesn't value their life. To me it's just another tool that I hope I'll never need.

Cross-7":cc7mr2s7 said:
He was shredding some property in the country and some guys pulled up and asked where Craig was.
This went back and forth until he pulled out his drivers license and showed them he wasn't Craig.

Cross. He must have been looking for the guy I worked with. His name was Craig but we all called him Chris Farley.

True Grit Farms":9nh6yrb2 said:
The only time I'm not carrying is when I'm in my birthday suit. In my opinion anyone who doesn't carry is a fool and doesn't value their life. To me it's just another tool that I hope I'll never need.
+1

True Grit Farms":2w82tkhh said:

Its a matter of convenience for me rather than not having value for my life. There is a limitation on what I can carry. I prioritize. Here is what I carry in order of importance:

1. Handkerchief - I would rather be shot than be without one.
2. Pocket knife - handy as a tool and if all else fails, can be used to commit Harry Carry.
3. Pint of Buffalo Trace - antiseptic and whatever ails me.
4. Defibrillator - at my age, a heart attack is more likely than being assaulted.
5. Large telephone book - can be used as a shield in a knife attack.
6. Small inflatable raft in case of a flash flood.
7. Fingernail clippers - I can handle a person pointing a gun at me but a broken nail causes me severe anxiety.

A gun is number 8. But I rarely go that high. In fact, I sometimes only take the handkerchief.

I've dropped my daughter off at some function, and I'm parked on the side of a busy street anxiously waiting her return. The clientele walking past my truck makes me wish I had my fowling piece, and a box of double ought, instead of this single six.

The only time I don't have my pistol is when I'm going to work . I can't carry in the plant and we drive to our control room.

Bright Raven":27prmbs2 said:
Its a matter of convenience for me rather than not having value for my life. There is a limitation on what I can carry. I prioritize. Here is what I carry in order of importance:

1. Handkerchief - I would rather be shot than be without one.
2. Pocket knife - handy as a tool and if all else fails, can be used to commit Harry Carry.
3. Pint of Buffalo Trace - antiseptic and whatever ails me.
4. Defibrillator - at my age, a heart attack is more likely than being assaulted.
5. Large telephone book - can be used as a shield in a knife attack.
6. Small inflatable raft in case of a flash flood.
7. Fingernail clippers - I can handle a person pointing a gun at me but a broken nail causes me severe anxiety.

A gun is number 8. But I rarely go that high. In fact, I sometimes only take the handkerchief.

A man's got to have priorities Bright Raven

Cross-7":1wj4nh13 said:

I'm right cheer.

I do not pack when I am mowing my grass. Maybe I should start. I do pack when I am doing any kind of mowing on the farm though. One time I was mowing hay. I crossed into a different pasture so I got off to shut the gate. There were two mini horses there. One stud and one mare. As I was going back to the tractor the stud cut me off. I moved this way and he moved that way and we had our selves a little Mexican stand off. I tried to run him off and he reared up on me. He showed me his gun so I showed him mine. Luckily I was the one that got the first shot off and lived. I'll never go without it now.

I don't but I always carry a bottle of whiskey and a MOAB in my pocket whenever I'm mowing the grass and whoever I encounter can either drink with me or die with me. Its their choice.

Most eventful thing that ever happened to me while mowing grass was a woman came out of nowhere and drug me in the house and had her way with me. I told her No, Don't, Stop but she ravaged me like I was just some man toy and left me so tired I couldn't finish mowing the grass and to throw salt on the wound she drank the last of my whiskey and rendered my MOAB useless for a good spell.

Strange times we live in.

Jogeephus":36bfp9rw said:
I don't but I always carry a bottle of whiskey and a MOAB in my pocket whenever I'm mowing the grass and whoever I encounter can either drink with me or die with me. Its their choice.

Most eventful thing that ever happened to me while mowing grass was a woman came out of nowhere and drug me in the house and had her way with me. I told her No, Don't, Stop but she ravaged me like I was just some man toy and left me so tired I couldn't finish mowing the grass and to throw salt on the wound she drank the last of my whiskey and rendered my MOAB useless for a good spell.

Lol

Jogeephus":21o1y6oz said:

I can't stop laughing :lol:

Latest posts