Pac-10 went 5-0

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
This year the Pac-10 didn't get any respect from the media. They were supposedly an "easy conference". All I heard about was the SEC and Big 12 and how good they were. But the Pac-10 was the only conference with a perfect record in the bowl games. Funny how those things happen.

I'll give USC credit, they do have a fine football team, but the rest of those Pac 10 schools really are not that good day in and day out against top competition. I was glad to see Cal beat Miama but what was Miami's record...6-6 or soemthing like that....and Oregon State 3-0 against Pitt....Pitt had nothing...Don't beleive the Pac 10 would win 1 out of 10 against the top teams in the Big 12, SEC or ACC.

TexasBred":210tax7f said:
I'll give USC credit, they do have a fine football team, but the rest of those Pac 10 schools really are not that good day in and day out against top competition. I was glad to see Cal beat Miama but what was Miami's record...6-6 or soemthing like that....and Oregon State 3-0 against Pitt....Pitt had nothing...Don't beleive the Pac 10 would win 1 out of 10 against the top teams in the Big 12, SEC or ACC.

Ditto!. And who did USC lose to ?

Limomike":1tocf0mu said:
TexasBred":1tocf0mu said:

You mean a Big 12 team like Oklahoma St.? humm. And USC lost to Oregon State. Ducks have been a national force for many years now.

BTW my wife is a Texas A&M grad....so your not the only one hanging your head these days.

Alan

Alan":2pqza4un said:
Limomike":2pqza4un said:
TexasBred":2pqza4un said:

You mean a Big 12 team like Oklahoma St.? humm. And USC lost to Oregon State. Ducks have been a national force for many years now.

BTW my wife is a Texas A&M grad....so your not the only one hanging your head these days.

Alan

Alan...The Aggies are in the rebuilding process....that's a fancy way of saying "we aint' worth a crap".
:lol:

And Oregon State lost to Utah on a final second field goal after leading the whole game. And Utah..... was the only undefeated team in the country. The only weak part of the Pac-10 was the two Washington schools. WSU always has a tough time recruiting (for some reason kids don't want to go to school in the Palouse???) and UW hired a Notra Dame reject for a head coach.

Dave,

We have been in the Huskies and Cougars position before. When I was in college the Ducks and Beavers really stunk, early 70's. I went to a Civil War game in Corvallis and made the mistake of leaving my pair of tickets on the dash of my car, with the doors lock. Yea, while we were having lunch, someone smashed my drivers side window and put 4 more tickets on the dash. The only good thing about bad years is they can only get better and hopfully sooner that later.

Maybe some, advice for the new Husky coach is if they play a big 12 team at home with Pac 10 refs.... the on side kick will work no matter what! :shock: Sorry just testing to water to see if the wounds have healed.

Good luck next season.
Alan

I am really not a Husky fan but they should be turning around fairly quickly. They hired both the offence and defencive coordinators from USC. Me, I will keep cheering for the ultimate Pac-10 underdog the Cougars.

I think the Ducks will be a force next season.

5-0 is making a statement.

TexasBred":myifzhw5 said:
Alan...The Aggies are in the rebuilding process....that's a fancy way of saying "we aint' worth a crap".
Spending money on state of the art facilities hasn't bought them anything either has it.

1982vett":18f3edee said:
TexasBred":18f3edee said:
Spending money on state of the art facilities hasn't bought them anything either has it.

Sure hasn't helped lately....but at least we can seat 85,000 now for football instead of half that many and every game is a sellout and I'm told brings in over $40 million a year to the university. That should cover the expense of some of the other sports that bring in less income.

mnmtranching":221zt2jr said:
I think the Ducks will be a force next season.

5-0 is making a statement.

Ducks should be a pretty good team next year, they're only losing a very few players.... If they can stay healthly.

Dave, I don't like the Huskies either, but I do like the Cougs better then any other Pac 10 .... other than the Ducks. I don't care for the Beavers at all, this stems for the days the acted like convicts on and off the field under Dennis Erickson.

BTW the teams around the country I really dislike (and I really do not mean to offend anyone, it's part of the fun of sports.....hating other teams, nothing personal).
1. The Huskies (UW)
2. The Sooners
3. The Hurricanes

Go Ducks, LSU, FSU....and Cougars.

Just a ramble
Alan

Latest posts