P--ing in Old Faithful

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Read in paper where 2 Yellowstone employees were fired for p--ing in old faithful one 23 years old and fined $750. So it got me to thinking of how many people you have seen or someone told you that they had done something stupid that was wrong.I know no one here would do something wrong, you would have to have seen or been told it was done. My point is when it was done that person did not realize at that time it was wrong and could have gotten them fired from a good job or even arrested and jail time. I think one of the biggest offences I have seen during my 45 years in the work force of oilfield , ranching , electricial and office work was petty stealing of small things, small tools, hand tools, 5 gal gas, chains, poles, crossarms, pencils, paper, one of the most costly to the company is the stealing of time, not working the full 8 hours they are paid for,doing personal things on the job, look at your e-mail and see how many were started from a jobsite and some turning their electrical meters upside down or wiring around their meter. One I know stole his bosses 8n ford tractor and sold at auction was caught sent to jail, some sell a calf or two in their name never caught can't prove. Most that do this think they do not get paid enough so taking things makes up for it. I have seen a some fired and fired some myself . It is amazing what people do and do not realize how wrong it is. On the bright side the majority of people I worked with are honest and trustworthy and I was proud to have knowned them, This is just some of my bad experiences with the people that amaze me. I am just rambling this morning and now I will go to Church.

Dear Abby,

I helped a friend of mine move to his new house in a subdivision one time, the houses were real close together and there was beer involved. I stood on his new back deck and took a leak over the railing, kind of my way of "christening" the neighborhood. His (now ex-) wife didn't have much sense of humor. Was that wrong?

Sincerely,
Sprung a Leak in Virginia

as a youngster, us boys got drunk and went streaking though town, i hung my drawers on a flag pole at the post office and ran em up the pole,, no stars just stripes :p ..one of many antics i pulled as a kid

alacattleman":1oj8w7ia said:
as a youngster, us boys got drunk and went streaking though town, i hung my drawers on a flag pole at the post office and ran em up the pole,, no stars just stripes :p ..one of many antics i pulled as a kid

roflmao......we put a turkey in the HS principal's office one Saturday night. Needless to say he had somewhat of a mess the following Monday morning.

Did they p-- in the geyer itself? Must have been on a dare. Sounds kinda dangerous to me. I bet beer was involved and I bet it won't be the last time this happens - nor the first.

Biggest problem I see with some employees is them stealing time through moonlighting. At first they seem to be able to keep this seperate but with time they move the line and end up using their employer's resources to moonlight and sometimes it even grows to the point that they are in direct competition with their employer.

The one I fired for stealing was a guy that I had known for yrs and he had worked for me for around 5 yrs when I caught him he was a foreman for me and had a company truck with a fuel tank got to watching the fuel receipts on his fuel card and he was fillling his diesel tank up every friday afternoon and then again on monday morning so we got to checking back and he had been doing this for over 6 months he was stealing 150 gal of fuel every week and selling it to all his buddies for 75cents on the $ back then fuel was around $1 per gallon now that would be a fortune
when I confronted him about it he said he thought I wouldn't care :lol:

needless to say he was fired and had to call his wife to come and get him because he didn't have a personal vehicle to drive home

Jogeephus said:
Did they p-- in the geyer itself? Must have been on a dare. Sounds kinda dangerous to me. I bet beer was involved and I bet it won't be the last time this happens - nor the first.

Jo,wouldnt that makes as much sense as Far-ing in a huricane? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cal

I'm glad they got fired for their unrinating antics. :clap: :clap: Yellowstone ain't China or New York.
That's the oldest excuse in the world- you didn't know it was wrong. Balderdash. You gotta come up with something more original than that.

Calman":uiemd6zo said:
Jogeephus":uiemd6zo said:

Jo,wouldnt that makes as much sense as Far-ing in a huricane? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cal

Doesn't make much sense. I had a friend who worked there and he told me they found a couple of people who jumped in one of those springs thinking it would be like a jacuzzi or something. Instead they were cooked or so he said. I think he also said beer was involved.

You would think they would have used some common sense, especially with a live web cam pointing at the geyser.
Jo the stories I could tell you about people and booze in Yellowstone, but there is not enough space for them all.

Old Faithful being as faithful as it is, it would be fairly easy to time it to be safe. But there is that whole issue of 20 jillion tourists and the 24 hour web cam. So dangerous, not really if you pay attention at all. Are you going to get caught? Duh. But then beer does tend to out wiegh common sense.

Dave":2hp0zzob said:
Old Faithful being as faithful as it is, it would be fairly easy to time it to be safe. But there is that whole issue of 20 jillion tourists and the 24 hour web cam. So dangerous, not really if you pay attention at all. Are you going to get caught? Duh. But then beer does tend to out wiegh common sense.

If I did it, I wouldn't get caught. There would be beer involved but I'd also have one of those George Bush masks on so everybody would blame him and not me. ;-) :lol2:

Funny :oops: :oops: I can't think of anything to keep this thread alive. :cry2:
P--ing in Old Faithful? Maybe :???: With the help of a LOT of beer. Only I wouldn't uv got caught. :frowns: I been there :nod: a kazillion people. :lol2: So, :???: NO harm done :compute: Wel, :frowns: as long as there aren't a whole lot of pizzing going on in the gizer.

Anyway as long as we have Club-Gitmo send thos guys down there for some education.
Only a few days though. P--ing in a geyser??? maybe we should forgive. :drink:

Latest posts