Over 400k miles

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
My 99 Ford 150 has over 400k miles on it never anything serious minor stuff well this weekend it gave up on me and I am not mad at all it took all the abuse I put on it for years. It was my first business truck and took every load I put on it and put behind and carried it graciously.... I just found out where all the antifreeze went

IMG_20170325_120303756_HDR_zpsr66ncfv9.jpg

strange that a head gasket would blow coolant back up in the intake... it is VERY possible it's a intake manifold gasket! and the head gasket is fine

Nesikep":xxqmpgss said:
strange that a head gasket would blow coolant back up in the intake... it is VERY possible it's a intake manifold gasket! and the head gasket is fine

True I didn't check that but did see what looked to be seepage at the head gasket so figured that's where it came from. I didn't check intake gasket as at that point it didn't matter anymore I was done with it so shut the hood and started cleaning my stuff out.

I'm guessing it probably filled up the crankcase and blew it out into the intake via the PCV breather.

Either way, you can bet on the bearings being toast from all the glycol in the oil.

I'm sure it drove right where it is too. A true soldier

Now you just need to put it on Craigslist for 5 grand, "ran when parked, needs an oil change".

Atimm693":gl93nrdj said:
I'm guessing it probably filled up the crankcase and blew it out into the intake via the PCV breather.

Either way, you can bet on the bearings being toast from all the glycol in the oil.

I'm sure it drove right where it is too. A true soldier

Now you just need to put it on Craigslist for 5 grand, "ran when parked, needs an oil change".

LOL yea

Latest posts