Out of this world research

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Two scientists at the university of Texas have been funded $750000 ( by us) for a nasa project to detect life on other worlds that might look nothing like life on earth. Maybe better used to detect if the people that give out these grants have brains . My :2cents:

cowboy43":3tf7nkyv said:
Two scientists at the university of Texas have been funded $750000 ( by us) for a nasa project to detect life on other worlds that might look nothing like life on earth. Maybe better used to detect if the people that give out these grants have brains . My :2cents:
They can find a world of that "nothing like life on earth" over on dirty 6th street, Austin, Texas.

I've got some research I want to conduct. An experiment so to speak. I want to see how much land and how many cows I can look after. $750k would be a decent start but I'm gonna need more. Reckon who I can get to fund it?

TexasBred":36dg5jsv said:
cowboy43":36dg5jsv said:
They can find a world of that "nothing like life on earth" over on dirty 6th street, Austin, Texas.
Just come here to one of our flea markets..you'll see all you want and more..they seem to crawl out from under rocks..

China just landed on the dark side of the moon. If there is life out there we need to find it before them and that sounds cheap as far as NASA projects goes.

ALACOWMAN":3kd3vxzz said:
TexasBred":3kd3vxzz said:
cowboy43":3kd3vxzz said:
Just come here to one of our flea markets..you'll see all you want and more..they seem to crawl out from under rocks..

Walmart is a pretty good place too.

With all the crazy stuff that $ gets spent on, I personally am not bent out of shape by this. Humans seem to have an innate need to study space, ponder the meaning of it all, and wonder about other life forms. Heck, we spend way more than that on obsolete military toys and bridges to nowhere. Go forth, nerds, and find the martians. Or at least the primordial sludge.

Pay for it with your own money, boondocks. I would prefer a boarder wall to keep aliens out, instead of looking for more of them.

sim.-ang.king":a45msxq6 said:
Pay for it with your own money, boondocks. I would prefer a boarder wall to keep aliens out, instead of looking for more of them.

Well, unfortunately we don't get to decide that, so my $ goes to "boarder" walls and yours goes to outer space, but at least we both get something to kvetch about here, which keeps us out of the bars, so there's that. ;-)

boondocks":38t36f66 said:
sim.-ang.king":38t36f66 said:

Well, unfortunately we don't get to decide that, so my $ goes to "boarder" walls and yours goes to outer space, but at least we both get something to kvetch about here, which keeps us out of the bars, so there's that. ;-)

The Constitution doesn't give the Federal Government the right to search for ET, it does Order the Federal Government to secure all boarders though.
There's that ancient document again, ruining all our fun. :cry2:

sim.-ang.king":28dpa2ay said:
boondocks":28dpa2ay said:
sim.-ang.king":28dpa2ay said:

The Constitution doesn't give the Federal Government the right to search for ET, it does Order the Federal Government to secure all boarders though.

The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.

I guess you'd have to define "invasion"

Silver":hfox6lzr said:
sim.-ang.king":hfox6lzr said:
boondocks":hfox6lzr said:

The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.

Take a stroll around Laredo next time you're down, hoss

5S Cattle":38f1qc9j said:
Silver":38f1qc9j said:
sim.-ang.king":38f1qc9j said:

Shoot, I was in Phoenix one winter. Looks like when you weren't looking you done got invaded by Canucks. :cowboy:

Silver":2aleukqx said:
sim.-ang.king":2aleukqx said:
boondocks":2aleukqx said:

Invasion of the body snatchers should count. Martians, those funny looking people they see in Roswell.....Alien abductions are real (caution: not for the tender-hearted): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfPdYYsEfAE

5S Cattle":3nriakin said:
Silver":3nriakin said:
sim.-ang.king":3nriakin said:

Odd you should mention that. I had an older cousin drop by just today, that is spending a few weeks (most of the winter actually) here:
https://www.texasoutside.com/best-rio-g ... rv-resort/

She says they have a LOT of vacationing/winter Canadians down there.
(she also said when out on the ATVs, they could see scores of illegals coming across the river from the South every day too.
Pretty sure, those aren't coming over just to winter here)

Silver":2xfbgahf said:
5S Cattle":2xfbgahf said:
Silver":2xfbgahf said:

Shoot, I was in Phoenix one winter. Looks like when you weren't looking you done got invaded by Canucks. :cowboy:
Lol ya I live by a lake down here. 75% of the campers and rv's that pull in are from Canada/New York

greybeard":2f41mo5y said:
5S Cattle":2f41mo5y said:
Silver":2f41mo5y said:

Odd you should mention that. I had an older cousin drop by just today, that is spending a few weeks (most of the winter actually) here:
https://www.texasoutside.com/best-rio-g ... rv-resort/

She says they have a LOT of vacationing/winter Canadians down there.
(she also said when out on the ATVs, they could see scores of illegals coming across the river from the South every day too.
Pretty sure, those aren't coming over just to winter here)
Me and a buddy bought a load of heifers from a fella down there this past summer. Pulled up and parked my truck, got out and walked to the pens. He asked if I locked my truck. I turned around and looked (200 ft away), laughed and said no. He said if you want to keep it, you'd better. We were never out of eyesight of it but they pull the keys out of EVERYTHING, every time they get out of it.

Latest posts