Out of Roundup

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score

Roundup was removed

• NHL is one of the most common cancers in the United States and was long before glyphosate was invented. American males have a lifetime risk of about 1 in 41, females about on in 52, with about 81,000 diagnoses each year.
  • Anyone can claim they sprayed glyphosate without proof. Exposure tests are worthless because the chemical passes out of the body so quickly. Blood assays are good for only a few days, urine perhaps a couple of weeks, and hair a few months. Plaintiffs need only show they have NHL, meaning potentially about 81,000 new ones annually.
  • Judges and juries, not scientific panels, then decide whether this is a glyphosate-caused lymphoma instead of NHL in those who have never touched the chemical. Judge and jury can simply decide the plaintiffs are sick. Bayer has big bucks and so makes an award based on sympathy.

This may be above my pay grade. Isn't Roundup and Paraquat (defoliant) made from a gramaxone base?
My uncle cleaned seed for years and it was not uncommon for the Crownvetch pods to come in that had been sprayed with ( paraquat ?) Seems like Monsanto was
involved with this particular formula. We tried everything short of legal intervention
to give us some information about the possible effects of paraquat (gramaxone)
in a closed environment. It was a dead end. Seems like one of them was banned
about ten or so years ago. Once it was apparent the chemical company would
offer no response we stopped accepting any defoliated seed. I have a cousin
who worked in the mill who is in the last stages of Parkinson's but I have no
knowledge of any action taken by him for any compensation.

Seeing your post brought this back to mind. I am of the opinion that
Round-up should have been a restricted herbicide from day one.
I think gramaxone and paraquat were but memory fails me on those.

Thanks for the post/ LVR

Marketing ploy. Glysophate has been generic for a long time and the average consumer is starting to realize that they can buy the cheap stuff and get the same results. New and improved is just shell game. Look at the Sonic new and improved hamburger, they just changed mustard for ketchup. The consuming public is not bright.

Last edited:
This may be above my pay grade. Isn't Roundup and Paraquat (defoliant) made from a gramaxone base?
My uncle cleaned seed for years and it was not uncommon for the Crownvetch pods to come in that had been sprayed with ( paraquat ?) Seems like Monsanto was
involved with this particular formula. We tried everything short of legal intervention
to give us some information about the possible effects of paraquat (gramaxone)
in a closed environment. It was a dead end. Seems like one of them was banned
about ten or so years ago. Once it was apparent the chemical company would
offer no response we stopped accepting any defoliated seed. I have a cousin
who worked in the mill who is in the last stages of Parkinson's but I have no
knowledge of any action taken by him for any compensation.

Seeing your post brought this back to mind. I am of the opinion that
Round-up should have been a restricted herbicide from day one.
I think gramaxone and paraquat were but memory fails me on those.

Thanks for the post/ LVR

Gramaxone is paraquat, and round up is not related. Gramaxone name brand is a Syngenta product, not Monsanto.

Roundup has been used all across the fruited plane, every year for the past 20+ years. If it was going to kill us all, it would of done it by now.

Latest posts